not sure where to post this?

rtg_61184

okay well pops is dying to get on his new 06 banshee and we want to go to corral canyon. he says its bad to stand the quads up and plus you have to drain all the fluids. i say bullshit i see it all the time and if it hurt your quad or you had to drain the fluids not too many people would do it. while neither of us have done this, how is it on the quads and do you have to drain any gas or oil, really dont want to take two trucks. thanks for your help.

oh and completly off the subject we've started it and let it idle and cool completly down and repeated that more than 6 times.(love the smell of that maxima and nothing like the sound of a purring 2 stroke) is this bad for it. you guys rock :headbang:

Edited by rtg_61184

I've stood my old 04 'Shee without any problems.I drained the fuel tank to below the gas cap level and ran the carbs out of fuel and went 500 miles from my house to some dunes that way and then did the same for the way back and never had any problems.I drained the tank down and emptied the carbs so the fuel would'nt leak all over.

I've stood my old 04 'Shee without any problems.I drained the fuel tank to below the gas cap level and ran the carbs out of fuel and went 500 miles from my house to some dunes that way and then did the same for the way back and never had any problems.I drained the tank down and emptied the carbs so the fuel would'nt leak all over.

Yeah, I agree with bansheeseat$$ just drain the fuel, the only quads I know its not good for is the quads with old sumps because it will drain into the motor. Like my wifes 06 yfz450

I do it all the time with my bikes... just make sure there is no gas in your floats when you do it or you will have to re-oil your filter.. so just turn the fuel off while running and wait for it to die.. then just stand it up and tie it in.... but make sure you get it tied in good it is bad for your quad when it flies out the back of a truck :)

Have fun up in Corral Canyon, been out there many times.

Edited by watkins

oh and completly off the subject we've started it and let it idle and cool completly down and repeated that more than 6 times.(love the smell of that maxima and nothing like the sound of a purring 2 stroke) is this bad for it. you guys rock

it won't hurt it but its not good for it.