New Motor... Problem?

ok let me see if i can explain this so not to make it confusing....

i just rebuilt my motor top and bottom .... broke it in...

the Left pipe smokes alot more the the Right...

but the Right pipe gets WAY hotter then the Left...

i synced the carbs and checked the jets, and set both idle screws to same.

but when i start the bike the right pipe gets sooo much hotter then the left...

i did a compression check on it and the left side gets 145psi and the right 141psi...

any ideas what could be casuing this?

also i have alot of oil blowing out the pipes from breaking it in... whats the best way to clean the inside of the pipes?

Edited by Bansh-eman

Check your head gasket, the extra smoke might be a coolant leak and you are burning coolant. Might also be a crank seal. You could be burning oil from your tranny. Double check your carbs and make sure you have the same size jets in both carbs. Sync them up again. Check for air leaks by spraying some starter fluid around each cylinder when its running. if it bogs when you spray a certain spot you have a leak.

Did you try fresh plugs?

plugs are brand new besides the breakin... ill check for leaks but that only solves the smoking case... any ideas for why the pipe is so hot? thats my main concern. the jets are the same and carbs are syned , ill open them up and take a look but they are brand new so shouldnt be dirty but ill see. ill let you guys know what iv found.

well i found the problem with the heat... it was the cylinder came lose and was leaking so we tightend it up and it came back to normal... but its smoking like a mother! when i pin it its just rediculose... ill have to take my camera over and record it and show you...

its a 4mm stroker but im running stock bore with 22 domes not big bored or anything

Greg, this is chris, I don't think you're burning coolant because your coolant level isn't dropping. I think its because you mixed it 16:1 to break it in and now the silencers are saturated in oil and you just need to ride it a while and dry the packing out!!