ds650

BANSHEEMANIA

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody else has dragged a Bombardier ds650 against your banshee? My buddy has one thats stock except a slip on mullfler and a bigger main jet. My banshee has mild porting, a T-5 exhaust, trinity cool head with 20cc domes. I can beat him evry time if I shift halfway decent. I beat him by maybe 8-12 lenghts? Its kinda hard to tell when he's behind me! I'm just kinda surprised that it's close enough to beat me if I don't hit the gears pretty good. Am I slow or does this seem close to the norm. His quad is heavy, but I guess a ROTAX 650 probably puts out a lot of power. Any thoughts on the subject?

Edited by BANSHEEMANIA

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody else has dragged a Bombardier ds650 against your banshee? My buddy has one thats stock except a slip on mullfler and a bigger main jet. My banshee has mild porting, a T-5 exhaust, trinity cool head with 20cc domes. I can beat him evry time if I shift halfway decent. I beat him by maybe 8-12 lenghts? Its kinda hard to tell when he's behind me! I'm just kinda surprised that it's close enough to beat me if I don't hit the gears pretty good. Am I slow or does this seem close to the norm. His quad is heavy, but I guess a ROTAX 650 probably puts out a lot of power. Any thoughts on the sublect?

My buddy has a DS-650 that MRHP built and is pushing out 65hp+ on race fuel.....But it is still really heavy and so is he but with my lite azz on it that thing moves pretty good.

Oh and it cost a pretty penny to build too....

Edited by BBIII

• 2 weeks later...

they are not as heavy as everyone thinks they are, with me on my bike it weights 630, my next door neightbor has a ds and has alba full exhaust, ported and polished, k&N, rev box (adjusts timing also) and jetted, and with him on it it weighs 660.....thats only 30 lbs more, i can beat him by about 2, and we go to a local state park and can beat cam'd and piston'd 450r's and yfz's all day long...and his bike rides like a damn cadillac like no other bike...so smooth, and really cool cuz it has a factory tach, i just tell him its for fags who can ride....but anyways it is really quick....it also helps when you can ride good, he is one of the best riders ive ever seen. that makes a difference...

Soon I will be in the 320-330lb range, last time on the drum I was at 96hp on gas..... with a drag axle and spindle mount Banshee front wheels and running methonal I will be back on the dyno for more tuning and then we can start turning up the boost and messing with the timing. I should be ready for sandfest.

Last year at the local track I didnt have much trouble with any of the banshees there on that day. It was those little 450's on the bottle that I have trouble staying ahead of or at least running down in 300ft. With a little more weight loss or a longer track I should do okay but yes it has cost me a fortune....

my brother has i ds650 it is a very smooth ride, it needs a better rev box ,it kicks in at very low rpm it wont let the bike rev at low end. but try racing that ds at a rolling start. from second gear on it is fast ,if you race a long distance that thing is gone. it is fun wipping a 4 stroke out the hole and not having to play catch up

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody else has dragged a Bombardier ds650 against your banshee? My buddy has one thats stock except a slip on mullfler and a bigger main jet. My banshee has mild porting, a T-5 exhaust, trinity cool head with 20cc domes. I can beat him evry time if I shift halfway decent. I beat him by maybe 8-12 lenghts? Its kinda hard to tell when he's behind me! I'm just kinda surprised that it's close enough to beat me if I don't hit the gears pretty good. Am I slow or does this seem close to the norm. His quad is heavy, but I guess a ROTAX 650 probably puts out a lot of power. Any thoughts on the subject?

A ported banshee should smoke a piped DS everytime I would think.

One of my friends in Missouri(THEBOM),has some quick DS's.

Last year he had a drag frame built.It looks awesome.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Here's a picture.

bom1.jpg

My buddy has a ds and just bought the dual 39mm lectron's for it and should be around 73-74hp

with it, hopefully we will have it all tuned in and striped down for sand fest...

my brother has i ds650 it is a very smooth ride, it needs a better rev box ,it kicks in at very low rpm it wont let the bike rev at low end. but try racing that ds at a rolling start. from second gear on it is fast ,if you race a long distance that thing is gone. it is fun wipping a 4 stroke out the hole and not having to play catch up

My friend just got a new rev box the other day. He says it feels a lot better, but we haven't raced yet. I need some holeshots for the shee. I've got Kevlar belted Bandit's on the back and they weigh a ton. He's looking forward to dragging, but I think I've got it covered!

A ported banshee should smoke a piped DS everytime I would think.

One of my friends in Missouri(THEBOM),has some quick DS's.

Last year he had a drag frame built.It looks awesome.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Here's a picture.

bom1.jpg

I'm gonna have to show my friend this picture. He'll love it. We don't wee very many other 650's in OH.

Anybody know of a good website for the ds650? My buddy would like to find something like this site.

Anybody know of a good website for the ds650? My buddy would like to find something like this site.

Have him go to the atvconnection.com

there are alot of ds's there...

Plus he can get a hold of MRHP and get some more goddies for his bike....

anyone know the name jeff ross? he has the 2nd quickest quad in the world last year and this year it is third quickest....and its a ds. it is a 830 on nitrous....his wife races it also...REAL EFFIN FAST. he comes to our drag races here in missouri and a guy nicknamed crazy c is all about banshee's, has a 115 hp banshee weighs 150 lb on drag frame cant even get close to his bike....dont remember what jeff ross' bike is putting out. my neighbors ds will run 94 top speed, and i can just barely stick with, but in 300 ft its all me by about 3 bikes. they are fast, but like everyone said costs at least twice as much for them to do what a banshee will do. my neighbors bike (and mine) has taken several several cam'd and piston'd yfz, craptors, big bore 450r's ltz's with ease. those bikes around here are a dime a dozen. about 50% of people have them. very few have banshee's...kinda sucks