Are we alone in universe?

Rustbag

Are we alone in universe?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe in global warming.

but i did just watch a show on the history channel last night about meteroites. pretty cool show.

:shrug:

what do u mean u don't believe in global warming? Like it's not true or something?

i dont believe in global warming.

but i did just watch a show on the history channel last night about meteroites. pretty cool show.

:shrug:

Hey I watched that shit last night... I think Iam gonna quit my job and become a meteroite collector :yelrotflmao:

RIPPEN

Hey I watched that shit last night... I think Iam gonna quit my job and become a meteroite collector :yelrotflmao:

RIPPEN

YES hahahahaha those iron ones were cool when they sliced them, that cross hatching, woah!! :baseball_w00t:

RIPPEN

I thought you were gonna stay out of the roost room

like you said

guess you dont live up to your word :shrug:

good boy!!

welcome back!!!1 :thumb:

Edited by helldriver

This post has been edited by helldriver: Today, 11:26 AM

I don't know, I have noticed winters getting shorter and less actual days it freezes over the years. Brooke, your buried in snow half the year what the heck would you know?j/kn I definitely think we are not alone, it just wouldn't make sense for there only to be one planet sustaining life and I definitely think the BHQ is visited by some sort of other life-form but know damn good and well they didn't build a ship and fly themselves here. They are probably the equivelent to our "strays"and got slung out the window in a trash bag.

This post has been edited by helldriver: Today, 11:16 AM

see what I mean, into everything just like a stray

This post has been edited by helldriver: Today, 11:32 AM

This post has been edited by helldriver: Today, 11:41 AM

Dune

Edited by DUNE-A-TIC

I don't think global warming is a bunch of crap myself. What makes u think it's a bunch of crap? and u better not say Bush or I'll come find u and kik u. j/k

no no not because of bush. last i checked bush dosent take a big stance against global warming.

maybe i should clarify my stance a bit...

i do believe there is a NATURAL warming and cooling of the earth, but i dont believe we are all gonna see 400 degree temps in a hundred years because we produce too much carbon dioxide and whatever other greenhouse gasses. if you look way back into the history of this planet, it went through phases of extremely high and extremely low temps well before humans were ever around. i just dont think theres enough evidence to say that we humans are going to fry the earth with all our fuel burning. a one degree or so difference in the next hundred years...perhaps. but like i said the earth goes through a natural heating and cooling on its own.

i think the left uses the idea of global warming as a political tool. :shrug:

no no not because of bush. last i checked bush dosent take a big stance against global warming.

maybe i should clarify my stance a bit...

i do believe there is a NATURAL warming and cooling of the earth, but i dont believe we are all gonna see 400 degree temps in a hundred years because we produce too much carbon dioxide and whatever other greenhouse gasses. if you look way back into the history of this planet, it went through phases of extremely high and extremely low temps well before humans were ever around. i just dont think theres enough evidence to say that we humans are going to fry the earth with all our fuel burning. a one degree or so difference in the next hundred years...perhaps. but like i said the earth goes through a natural heating and cooling on its own.

i think the left uses the idea of global warming as a political tool. :shrug:

I read an article one time about the amount of ozone destryoyed by objects leaving the atmosphere (the shuttle,rockets etc)and it gave a comparison to fuel burn on the earth.I wish I had the #'s handy, it was pretty wild how we blow holes in our atmosphere all the time.How do we justify that and then turn and use it as a political tool?

Ozone is produced naturally in the stratosphere when highly energetic solar radiation strikes molecules of oxygen, O2, and cause the two oxygen atoms to split apart in a process called photolysis. If a freed atom collides with another O2, it joins up, forming ozone O3.

Most of the ozone in the stratosphere is formed over the equatorial belt, where the level of solar radiation is greatest. The circulation in the atmosphere then transports it towards the pole (see diagram). So, the amount of stratospheric ozone above a location on the Earth varies naturally with latitude, season, and from day-to-day.

Under normal circumstances highest ozone values are found over places such as Canada and Siberia, whilst the lowest values are found around the equator. The ozone layer varies naturally with season. Over Canada is normally about 25% thicker in winter than summer. Weather conditions can also cause considerable daily variations.

Ozone is also naturally broken down in the stratosphere. In an unpolluted atmosphere there is a balance between the amount of ozone being produced and destroyed and so the total concentration remains relatively constant. At different temperatures and pressures (i.e. varying altitudes), there are different production and destruction reaction rates leading to a variation in concentration. The highest ozone concentrations are in the lower stratosphere, between about 18 and 26 km.

Ozone also occurs in very small amounts in the troposphere. It is produced at ground level through a reaction between sunlight and, e.g., gases emitted from cars. As a pollutant it should not be confused with the separate problem of stratospheric ozone depletion.

that was found on google. Also a volcano produces more greenhouse gases in one eruption than all the cars on earth do in a year. we arent doing shit to cause global warming but it is happening due to natural cycles of the earth so no matter what we do it's gonna happen oneway or another.