Which Premix Oil

Rebel3190

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best writeup I have seen on 2-stroke oils and is done by a very reputable builder. Read Backcountry's first post.

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf.../0/fpart/1/vc/1

I run yamalube.Went this morning to the stealership and picked up some castor927 and benol.Is the Benol bad because I just read and it says for racing engines.I know castor is good stuff tho becaus eI ran it on my goped and my buddies that I would race would say it smelled good.But will I have to drain out my tank when I try out any of these oils?

motul 800 off road 40:1

I run yamalube.Went this morning to the stealership and picked up some castor927 and benol.Is the Benol bad because I just read and it says for racing engines.I know castor is good stuff tho becaus eI ran it on my goped and my buddies that I would race would say it smelled good.But will I have to drain out my tank when I try out any of these oils?

Castor 927 is a blend of Castor and Synthetic Ester Oils. Benol is all Caster oil. The reason why that Benol says for Race Engines only is becuase it burns dirty. I think they just figure a Race Engine will be taken appart, clean, tolarances checked, and reassembled enough that the dirty buring is not a probem. I wouldnt worry about it just run it. I would let my tank get about empty before putting the fresh fuel with Benol in. Klotz's web page says that Benol doenst blend with petrolum based oils. It also says that Benol Starts to seperate from the fuel at around 35 deg F.