can anyone say CAN AM?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm YES we know that

BUT like I said I already raced one at the wsip gncc { a prototye im sure} but none the less it was there

and it was putting a hurtuing on the sport quads

well was there anyone else here to witness, cuz personally i call bullshit, i talked to my buddy that owns cowtown and deals them he said they wont be racing them til the come out, which will be in FEBURUARY. THE ONLY BIKES THAT ARE OUT NOW ARE PROTOTYPES THEY TAKE TO SHOWS, why the HELL would they take a prototype to an event like that....my bud said thats highly impossible and called them WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE and they told them there has not been an 800 released period, just show bikes

well being bonbardier/can -am had a truck there, im sure it was there

and sure there was people that saw it,, about 500 Xc racers were there,, my buddy on a stock outlaw got passed by it

weather any of those 500+ racers knew it was a new machine i dont know,, but it was there

and most dealers dont know shit anyways,, its the reps and high up people that know whats going on

hell even Yamaha was racing the yfz MONTHS before it was out, most people just thought it was a modded raptor

Edited by helldriver

Okay, I am so pissed!

I was going to write a note asking if Blackwater was still going on and how this Can-Am machine would probably own such a race. It got me thinking since I lived back East then and only read about Blackwater in Dirt Wheels - where the hell is Blackwater? A quick Google search revealed the damn thing was a hop skip and a jump from where I grew up!!!!! I always thought it was in California someplace. I guess I'm thinking of Baja.

Anyway... my Google search revealed the Goddamn tree huggers shut it down all the way back in 1993... :-(

i dont see what the big deal is really ,sure for a utility its gonna be quick ,but 62 hp doesnt mean shit

if its in a 600 pound chassis built like a tractor . its probably gonna handle like shit .when it passes a cheetah cub then ill worry .too bad it only took 800cc to get 60 hp

Okay, I am so pissed!

I was going to write a note asking if Blackwater was still going on and how this Can-Am machine would probably own such a race. It got me thinking since I lived back East then and only read about Blackwater in Dirt Wheels - where the hell is Blackwater? A quick Google search revealed the damn thing was a hop skip and a jump from where I grew up!!!!! I always thought it was in California someplace. I guess I'm thinking of Baja.

Anyway... my Google search revealed the Goddamn tree huggers shut it down all the way back in 1993... :-(

I trhink Blackwater was in penn, it was a GNCC event, and it was THE baddest Xc race ever!

you had to complete and it didnt matter if it took you 3 hours or 6 hours,, and the coarse made the gncc races of today look like childs play, and 3 wheelers even competed, ive seen some video of it,,, it was bad ass!!!

yes the fuckin asshole tree huggers shut it down, and from what ive heard, the palce is guarded like area 51, no one can get within a few n\miles of the place

why, i dont know

i dont see what the big deal is really ,sure for a utility its gonna be quick ,but 62 hp doesnt mean shit

if its in a 600 pound chassis built like a tractor . its probably gonna handle like shit .when it passes a cheetah cub then ill worry .too bad it only took 800cc to get 60 hp

i duuno rocketman, dont underestimate this thing

it is one mean fucker

and its NOT a typical ute quad,, as they are saying,,,,

the thing rips, has the handling of a sport quad, with the addded 4x4 feature,,

Edited by helldriver

I couldnt have said it better.I call bullshit on that thing out draggin some of these new 450s they are the fastest 4strokes ive seen.Ive got a eagle with a 600hp cummins its a bad motherfucker,Yall think it will hang with a zo6?lol

Edited by RILS

my buddies piped 650 Praire feels faster than the stock YFZ450s Iv rode. Never raced em side by side, but my honest gut feeling is the Praire pulls harder. The big Praire will do 75mph.

The blackwater 100 was never in the gncc circuit, it was a just a big annual race. I think its located in West Virginia. Ya they shut it down years ago.

ATVScence.com sent my cuz to test ride the new Bomb and that was sometime before the Wisp race, so the quads were around and ridable during the time HD said they were.

HD, I was at the Wisp this year, I shoulda asked if anyone here on these forums was going. I asked in previous years and no here ever goes to the GNCC's. We'll have to hook up for next years Wisp. Im goin' to Unidalla this year too, can't wait for that one.

my buddies piped 650 Praire feels faster than the stock YFZ450s Iv rode. Never raced em side by side, but my honest gut feeling is the Praire pulls harder. The big Praire will do 75mph.

The blackwater 100 was never in the gncc circuit, it was a just a big annual race. I think its located in West Virginia. Ya they shut it down years ago.

ATVScence.com sent my cuz to test ride the new Bomb and that was sometime before the Wisp race, so the quads were around and ridable during the time HD said they were.

HD, I was at the Wisp this year, I shoulda asked if anyone here on these forums was going. I asked in previous years and no here ever goes to the GNCC's. We'll have to hook up for next years Wisp. Im goin' to Unidalla this year too, can't wait for that one.

i thought the blackwatwer was a gncc race?

and i'll be at unadilla this year i missed it last year, should be fun

i'll have to look ya up!!!

when they take that 62hp stock engine and give it to say Horsepower Research and put it in a lighter chassis I am sure your Calvin Pollet Cheetah cub will need everything tuned just right to be able to keep up. :clap:

when they take that 62hp stock engine and give it to say Horsepower Research and put it in a lighter chassis I am sure your Calvin Pollet Cheetah cub will need everything tuned just right to be able to keep up. :clap:

You wouldnt have any reliability and we'd be out riding the dunes and hitting the track while you would be wrenching. Man you 2strokers are easy to get riled or maybe just insecure. :biggrin:

your cluless dude , i dont care who yo u give that POS big slow 4 poke too ,yo u could put a turbo on it ,it doesnt matter ....it wil l not hang with a 90 horse bike that hits over 11000 rpms instantly and shifts flawlessly as fast as your foot can move .i will gladly line up to any one of these new quads .not trying to boast, but thats just a ridiculous remark IMO

horsepower resaerch ...please :yankyank:

Edited by rocketboy