banshee vs lt500 in a drag

csrmel

i know i dont have much done to my shee for 1/8 mile hardpack sand dragging (as you can see from my signature) however i can swap back to a 14t front sprocket if you guys think it would improve my chances.

im up against a friend of mine with a suzuki lt500.

i do know that for aftermarket mods he has a pipe, pod filters, crappy homemade porting of the cylinder, and probably equally crappy jetting. he also has an aftermarket high compression head.

the rest is stock.

so if you had to bet, who would win?

i know i dont have much done to my shee for 1/8 mile hardpack sand dragging (as you can see from my signature) however i can swap back to a 14t front sprocket if you guys think it would improve my chances.

im up against a friend of mine with a suzuki lt500.

i do know that for aftermarket mods he has a pipe, pod filters, crappy homemade porting of the cylinder, and probably equally crappy jetting. he also has an aftermarket high compression head.

the rest is stock.

so if you had to bet, who would win?

I would not change the sprocket youll proably be better of with the 15,but by judging from your mods as much as i hate to say it my money would proably go on the zilla.Ive never raced one but I rode one along time ago and it may have been my imagination but that sob seemed fast and it was pretty stk i think.But goodluck and let us know how you do.

Edited by RILS

My brother as well as some of our friends has them.You'll probably lose.

If his' porting and jetting is right,he'll probably beat ya pretty bad.

I use to always get smoked by them.That has now changed.They won't even hardly race me any more.LOL!

Get a good port job,and you'll more than likely be the one doing the smoking.

tonyandmicheal.jpg

As of now hes got the advantage with proting but maybe if you throw some reeds and a coolhead with smaller domes on ur shee and i dont no how healthy that hush kit is for it but should get him then

I doubt it.I may be wrong but I would think it will take more than reeds and some domes to beat a ported zilla.The domes will help your bottom but take a little from the top,if you really want to beat him pm me ive got a set of jugs and pistons that will cost you not much more than a set of vforce that will send him home with his head down.

Edited by RILS

I doubt it.I may be wrong but I would think it will take more than reeds and some domes to beat a ported zilla.The domes will help your bottom but take a little from the top,if you really want to beat him pm me ive got a set of jugs and pistons that will cost you not much more than a set of vforce that will send him home with his head down.

Yeah,reeds might gain you a hp or 2.Head won't make a huge difference.Now a combination of these and a good port job will do wonders.

we ran 3 times back to back and i beat him 2 out of the 3 times.

his lt500 has a crappy homemade port job. i found out he ported it with a dremel and various hand files.

if i had to guess id say the shitty porting on his quad is what led me to victory. i think he handicapped himself.

His zilla must suck ass!! My buddy has one with a shaved head, do it yourself porting, and an LRD pipe. My banshee has a mild port job, t-5 pipes, trinity coolhead with 20cc domes etc. That zilla runs VERY, VERY strong. I have beaten him and he has beaten me. As much as I hate to say it, I think with a perfect race from both of us the zilla would win every time. I consider myself lucky when I win. Honestly we've only ran them about 6 times and we split them. If he gets that thing running right you're going to need alot more than reeds and domes. For your sake I hope he doesn't get it fixed. You can beat him, but breakout the tools and your credit card.

It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.

winning is winning!

HAHA...runwhatchabrung!

My best friend has a Warrior that would make your head spin .Stay ahead,it is not allwayz about the particular bike, the build is the key.

Dune