Inverting Stock Rims?

Has anyone ever inverted the wheel offsets to gain extra track and are there any concerns or faults with this? My friend has done in on the front and rear and gained 4" extra track width with stock A-arms and axle. We used "invisible valves" to clear the brake calipers on the front and with a height of only about 1/4" they clear fine. But I was wondering if this would stress the spindles/ball joints or axle/bearings.

Has anyone ever inverted the wheel offsets to gain extra track and are there any concerns or faults with this? My friend has done in on the front and rear and gained 4" extra track width with stock A-arms and axle. We used "invisible valves" to clear the brake calipers on the front and with a height of only about 1/4" they clear fine. But I was wondering if this would stress the spindles/ball joints or axle/bearings.

what are invisable valves. I've heard of drilling another hole on other (inside )side & putting

origional (sp) stem in backwards :banghead: invisable sounds easer?

Edited by 275hp banshee's

They're kinda like a metal plug with a valve inside. You fit the valve part from the inside of the rim and then the nut on the out side. The valve part is actually inside the rim and to inflate them you get a special stem with them. There is a plug you remove first and then the stem screws in. You'll need the wheel off if the valve is inward. But the best part is you can flip the rim offset either way unlike if you just plug, re-drill and put the valve on the other side.

They're kinda like a metal plug with a valve inside. You fit the valve part from the inside of the rim and then the nut on the out side. The valve part is actually inside the rim and to inflate them you get a special stem with them. There is a plug you remove first and then the stem screws in. You'll need the wheel off if the valve is inward. But the best part is you can flip the rim offset either way unlike if you just plug, re-drill and put the valve on the other side.

cool i've been wanting to try it but didn't like the idea of not being able to flip it back easly & that will take care of that. Is that what they are called invisible valves?

Yeah invisible valves they,re called, got them from Tip Top Rema but you should be able to get them in at any tire place though.

That's awsome I wanted to to this but did not want to drill another hole in the rim, sweet!

did any of you notice that its much harder to steer with the fronts flipped?

I was going to do the backs only so that the center of the front and rear tires is aligned !

The backs will only be a couple inches wider than the front but thats normal!

Yes, it's alot harder to turn, tries to rip out of your hands when you hit a rock or rut with one tire, etc. A steering stabilizer is almost manditory with the flipped wheels.

I also broke my upper arms jumping with my wheels flipped around...didn't even go as high as I had before with the wheels stock.

I've had my front and rears flips around for awhile now. I bought a complete wheel set from someone off here like 2 years ago and they had the "invisable valves" already in them so when i fliped them around it made be able to take turns way faster than normal without even a slight tilt that would make you flip. To me the only bad them is there is more stress on the wheel bearings so they need 2 be replaced alittle sooner than normal but i thinks its deff worth it. and also i dont feel its that much harder to turn and im a weak 17yr old kid.