dual vs. single carb?

DUB

I just got Cascade 2 into 1 carb setup couple of weeks ago. Before, I had stocks only. I did have to do some minor jetting; dropped one clip position and screwed in a half turn on the mix. So far after two rides, I feel like I lost a little at the bottom end but after that, it just pulls. And it pulls very hard all the way up the gears. The others things that I like is the intakes. It's polished and it looks sharp. The single carb is less crowed under the seat so it makes it nice and easy to work the carb. No more sync. If I was to rate the cost/value factor, I'd say 7 out of 10 (10 being great value).

I hope this helps.

This has been posted to death.

I have the 2 into 1 on both my Banshees. I like the simplicity of the setup. It opens up a ton of space. Kind of expensive though. If you're looking for more power, use the $$ elsewhere on the bike.

I feel like I lost a little at the bottom end but after that, it just pulls. And it pulls very hard all the way up the gears.

That's actually contradictory to everything I've read about the 1 into 2 setup.

I've read more bottom...not as much top...

Strange...

:shrug: :shrug:

I have one on mine and I love it.....I would not or will not go back to having two carbs....unless all I did was drag race it. For all other aspects i like the one carb better. :biggrin: D

Edited by superdave

I was contemplating myself going with cascade's 1 into two 38mm setup, I was originally planning on doing a part trail, part dune and part play drag racing bike.

My motives are changed...dune and drag race bike only now...so, sticking with duals...

Well...I'm going out on a limb.

If you HAVE to race a banshee in MX...yes.

I know, I know...you can buy better suspension, yadda yadda yadda....and make a banshee into an MX bike.

You can also buy a new 4 stroke, and after eventualy spending enough money...turn it into a fast ass drag/dune bike.

I equate it like this:

You wouldn't buy a corvette to drive in the snow

You wouldn't buy a convertable to leave the top up on a 75 to 80 degree sunny beautiful day

You wouldn't buy a 4X4 utility quad to drag race at the sand dunes

You wouldn't buy a Ferrari to go 30 feet up and down your driveway only (ok...well..maybe..:) )

I just think a new 450 quad is better suited with less investment for track and trails.

Like it has been said, you put enough monkeys in a room with a typewriter, eventualy they will write gone with the wind....

:beer:

i blew my head gasket at last race and my buddy let me use his 04 yfz with lone star a arms outlaw swing armor and ohlins all the way around. it is very nice quad. i admit that it is easyer to ride and less shifting cause of east powerband. but i like the power band of banshee just have to shift a bit more.plus no one rides a banshee so u stick out and u are noticed

Edited by BansheeMxer#45

Very...Very true indeed.

I love farting around camp and riding some trails on my buddies 450's.

People can knock the 4 strokes all they want, but they are fun!

My buddy has a pepped up TRX...and he's building a big bore stroked Falicon motor...

However...for dunes and drag racing...even if the 4 strokes are pretty fast, I still like the powerband and hit of the twin screamer!!