Paddles Paddles Paddles...(& rim size)

decon

I've been looking for some good paddles and seem the King Turbo Paddles so I might be going with the, but Im getting confused with all the different sizes im trying to see whats best, and I spend almost an hour searching the boards and reading but cant find anything. I was looking toward 20x10x10, then 21x12x8, and 20x10x8, im not sure whats the best rim size. I hear people talk about side wall, etc. I do general dune riding, love racing comp hill at night, barely any jumping, any insight would be helpful.

I've been looking for some good paddles and seem the King Turbo Paddles so I might be going with the, but Im getting confused with all the different sizes im trying to see whats best, and I spend almost an hour searching the boards and reading but cant find anything. I was looking toward 20x10x10, then 21x12x8, and 20x10x8, im not sure whats the best rim size. I hear people talk about side wall, etc. I do general dune riding, love racing comp hill at night, barely any jumping, any insight would be helpful.

An 8" rim would be good for you then. The smaller rims are lighter and lighter in the sand is better. If your not jumping you don't need a big heavy-ass rim. The 21" paddle might be a bit tall for you, depending on what mods you have done. I'd stick with the 20" if you are using it for general dune riding. Also, if you don't have a pretty healthy engine I would stick with 8 paddle. Lets you spin a little more, which is what the banshee likes anyway.

A Vblade will let you turn and slide better, the straight-cuts let you get up and go faster and will dig harder. The smaller straights will spin more the deeper ones (extremes, rippers) will dig really hard.

Here's an example of a drag racing paddle vs. a general duning paddle. The big one is a 25" 14 paddle and smaller one is a 21" 9 paddle. Both are kinda big for just duning... he he he

8cbd3c13.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

lol thats a huge tire... I think i'll go with the 20x10x8 tire...but what about the fronts? I was looking at the GBC DuneTracker Fronts in 22x8x10 is that too big of a front tire? and whats this talk about sidewall?

my mods are basic, pipes/porting/reeds

Edited by dEcon

the weight differance between 8 and 10 inch rims is like two ounces. nothing at all to make any differance for wieght. i would say a 20" tire mounted on an 8" rim is heavier then with a 10" rim.. tire weighs more then rim..

anyways its just if you want more sidewall squish or not.

you want for the dunes for your bike----rear 20x10x10 8 paddle a ten inch rim is fine

fronts i would use a 21x7x10 on a ten inch rim ofcourse and i say use mohawk tires the razors are very demanding especially if you dont run haulers..

the weight differance between 8 and 10 inch rims is like two ounces. nothing at all to make any differance for wieght. i would say a 20" tire mounted on an 8" rim is heavier then with a 10" rim.. tire weighs more then rim..

anyways its just if you want more sidewall squish or not.

you want for the dunes for your bike----rear 20x10x10 8 paddle a ten inch rim is fine

fronts i would use a 21x7x10 on a ten inch rim ofcourse and i say use mohawk tires the razors are very demanding especially if you dont run haulers..

ok..explain the sidewall squish im not familiar with this

ok..explain the sidewall squish im not familiar with this

Pretty much just how much your sidewall will flex under power, cornering, etc. If you like a litlte body roll then go with a smaller rim if you want them stiff go bigger. It's pretty much up to you. I think an 8" rim would be just fine for you man.

My 2 cents.

I'm running 21" dune trackers and 20x10x10 Haulers on 10x8" wheels.

I owned a pair of Sand Skates and they tend to slide too much when your ridding the side of a dune. The Haulers just grab and pull you up the hill faster and turning is easy with the trackers up front, and I love the look of the 10" wheels. I also had a pair of Haulers when I had my Honda 250R 3-Wheeler, but they where mounted on 10x10" wheels. The rims where always getting dinged up cause they stuck out too far and they stretch the tire out so you don't have as much cushin.

just ordered geco's are they any good?? 21x10x9 I think putting them on my stock/spare rims.

ride in fl. every thing is sandy but not like dunes. what we call dirt down here but it's basicly sand.

I had 2 get something getting out run by everything due to wheel spin even take off in 3rd some times (stock sprockets)

The Hauler and the Extremes have a 7/8" tall paddles, but the extremes has re-inforced paddles so it holds its form better than the Haulers. I know that it has even stronger paddles than the extremes, but I'm not sure if their are any other differances. Hope that helps you mndunner.