Gonna buy this banshee should i buy or stay away.

hello,

i currently have a 99 banshee with a few mods but my friend owns this 04 le with lots of mods he wants to sell for payoff. It is a 2004 le banshee it has a +6 chrome oval tube (beautiful welds) swingarm. douglas aluminums and new holeshots all the way around. For teh motor it has the vitos 404 monoblock kit. it has the 35mm keihn caarbs calibrated for this kit from vito's, rev box, degree key, v-force 3's, pro circuit pipes and silencers, boondockers nitrous system. race gas domes and pump gas domes. new chain, brake lines, it looks mint. He only wants 4k for this basically his payoff for it. do you think that this is a good buy. it still has the stock crank but is brand new. If i buy i will prob get a 4 mill stroker crank. i am getting all his stock stuff a set of vforce 2's it also has an oversized radiator. the carbs need to be jetted he just bought them. but other than that the bike is mint. opinions please id like to buy it tomorrow i just wanted to get a feel for this rather to buy or not. i think its a hell of a deal. let me know guys.

thanks

chris

hello,

i currently have a 99 banshee with a few mods but my friend owns this 04 le with lots of mods he wants to sell for payoff. It is a 2004 le banshee it has a +6 chrome oval tube (beautiful welds) swingarm. douglas aluminums and new holeshots all the way around. For teh motor it has the vitos 404 monoblock kit. it has the 35mm keihn caarbs calibrated for this kit from vito's, rev box, degree key, v-force 3's, pro circuit pipes and silencers, boondockers nitrous system. race gas domes and pump gas domes. new chain, brake lines, it looks mint. He only wants 4k for this basically his payoff for it. do you think that this is a good buy. it still has the stock crank but is brand new. If i buy i will prob get a 4 mill stroker crank. i am getting all his stock stuff a set of vforce 2's it also has an oversized radiator. the carbs need to be jetted he just bought them. but other than that the bike is mint. opinions please id like to buy it tomorrow i just wanted to get a feel for this rather to buy or not. i think its a hell of a deal. let me know guys.

thanks

chris

yes buy it i just got a shee alot like it but its a 87 i payed more

It still has the stock crank in it? I know you said you're probably gonna go to a stroker crank but you'll definitely be replacing that stock one soon if he was running high compression and nitrous. Also, don't know if you knew this but you'll have to have the cylinders re-worked to accomodate the stroker crank. You can't just slap it in there and call it a day. You might be able to get a spacer plate or something but I didn't want you to think you could stroke it without altering the cylinders.

I personally think you'd be better off just keeping your banshee and investing 4000 bucks into it. You could hook your current bike up really nice for that amount of money. You could buy some 4mil cubs/crank, etc. and still have plenty of money left for carbs/intakes or whatever else you need for the setup. That's what I would do if I were you.... :shrug:

I already called vito's and the 4mil stock rod length stroker crank will work with the monoblock head i just have to use the spacer plate. i thought about just keeping mine and investing in that. one of the main reasons i want another is that so my girl can ride she enjoys riding mine so i can atleast involve her in another part of my life other than my sex life :biggrin: .

Stil unsure i will take a look at it tomorrow and big hard close look and then maybe cut the check and maybe not. Plus i just love the black se look i get sick of seeing team yamaha blue. any other opinions are greatly appreciated.

Edited by chugger

don't know if you knew this but you'll have to have the cylinders re-worked to accomodate the stroker crank. You can't just slap it in there and call it a day. You might be able to get a spacer plate or something but I didn't want you to think you could stroke it without altering the cylinders.

I personally think you'd be better off just keeping your banshee and investing 4000 bucks into it.

man i fuckin thought stroker plate drop in and go , too fuckin bad my port timings were way off and the bike was a fuckin cow..... Now i have to spend the time and money to get it done right... while i was at it im also getting it dyno'd and alky'ized hahaha if thats even a word . I learnd the hard way but bigboy is 100 % right . 4000 bucks into any banshee and you have yourself a monster !!! Shoulda seen what bigboy started with, and what he has built it up to be.

Shoulda seen what bigboy started with, and what he has built it up to be.

LOL, thanks chase! Shee's a money pit, that's for sure...I'm about to dump even more into it within the next few weeks :ph34r:

Totally understand where you're coming from chugger...I'd love to be able to have my lady ride with me. $4,000 for that banshee is a good deal, I didn't know you were looking to pick it up for a second ride. I was thinking you were going to replace the one you had :beer:

LOL, thanks chase! Shee's a money pit, that's for sure...I'm about to dump even more into it within the next few weeks :ph34r:

Totally understand where you're coming from chugger...I'd love to be able to have my lady ride with me. $4,000 for that banshee is a good deal, I didn't know you were looking to pick it up for a second ride. I was thinking you were going to replace the one you had :beer:

I could never replace the one i had. Its surprisingly the most reliable bike ive ever had. I'va had it since 02 its a 99 has prodesign cooling head, piped, v-force 2, yadda yadda just boltons but ive never fouled plugs nore had to reject once since i did the mods too it. winter summer whatever. Its still hauls ass but she has been riding it lately and i have to admits a girl that will give a banshee hell works for me thats was one of the main reasons that bike is way to modded for her she is better off on the one i currently have. we will see im gonna look at it today?

Sounds like a hell-of-a-deal, but if I bought it I would tear it down to see the wear and tear and know what I was dealing with. I bought my 02 from a guy who put on a set of T-5's, and when he jetted the carbs he didn't put the slide return spring in the center guides and pinched them under the cap on not one but both carbs. :shoothead: Well i never took the shee down and after two years of dunes and suckin' sand compression was at 85 #'s.

It's a great buy, but tear it down if ya have the time....................

With out seeing some pics, if its as nice as you say it is, I'd buy it if I had the $$$$ on hand. But don't expect it to be the same trouble free machine that your other one is. That bike is going to require some hands-on for sure. But thats half the fun anyway! right? :beer: Try and get some pics.