Bolt Kit

I got mine from ebay, man of the botls are no where close to fitting. I have been working with the seller, and he says he has shipped me bolts multiple times but I have not recieved tehm. I also took pictures of the Bolts that do not fit next to the stock boltz.

If he makes things right I'd say you could get a kit from him, but untill then I can't recomend it. You also have to use Anti-Seize on Stainless bolts to stop them from galling up with stainless nuts. Otherwise you might twist off the heads when it's time to take them apart.

Alloyboltz does not seem to be selling anymore banshee kits.

I could not find any other options than the ebay kit. It is like $100 and I only used 1/2 the bolts and many do not fit or I'm skeptical to run them. For instance is a stainless bolt that is threaded where the stock ones are smooth really stronger? (Example, rear shock linkage)...

I can post pics of the bolts that don't fit if your interested but send me a PM because I am very buisy.

yah ive seen those ebay kits never tried em but Modquad sells allen heads ones for the clutch cover/insert & waterpump/stator for pretty cheap

I got mine from ebay, man of the botls are no where close to fitting. I have been working with the seller, and he says he has shipped me bolts multiple times but I have not recieved tehm. I also took pictures of the Bolts that do not fit next to the stock boltz.

If he makes things right I'd say you could get a kit from him, but untill then I can't recomend it. You also have to use Anti-Seize on Stainless bolts to stop them from galling up with stainless nuts. Otherwise you might twist off the heads when it's time to take them apart.

Alloyboltz does not seem to be selling anymore banshee kits.

I could not find any other options than the ebay kit. It is like $100 and I only used 1/2 the bolts and many do not fit or I'm skeptical to run them. For instance is a stainless bolt that is threaded where the stock ones are smooth really stronger? (Example, rear shock linkage)...

I can post pics of the bolts that don't fit if your interested but send me a PM because I am very buisy.

Um, that sucks. I just ordered a kit from the same guy off ebay.

I know Russ's from Alloyboltz all fit perfectly. Only ones I had a problems with were the front rotor bolts. They stuck out too far and rubbed on the spindle. Other than that they were all perfect. Even the shock linkage, they were smooth (no threads) where the shocks eye is centered. I have in the past bought a set of the ss bolts from another guy (fastnerguy) off ebay. His bolts weren't near the quality of Russ's and some didn't fit. I even e-mailed him about them and he was like "oh well".

Just go to a good hardware store (not an ACO or HOme Dept, a good one) or to a place like ACME Nut and Bolt, I bet they would ship it and be your cheapest. Another place you could try is called Keepfill, in Taylor Michigan, I know they sell to public and would most likely ship it to you also. JUst have to measure up what sizes you need. WHat bolts are you trying to chaneg, every one on the bike? YOu just need to know what sizes you need and go to a bolt shop, or a little more pricey option would be the hardware store.

i bought a kit off ebay for my wifes 400ex......it was every bolt just about that i would want to change.....even the bolts for the cases.....it was nice...all stainless bolts and i only payed $$75 shipped. can't remember who the company was but it was a factory direct kit.....these people only made bolt kits....i'll look for the name and get back to you

I bought mine from Alloybolts..............I not sure if they sell anymore...........I raed something that the owner died or had a heart attack...............But Only 65% of the kit I actuall used and the other 35% just sits in my garage.....................I beleive it is because I stripped all the heavy useless crap off my bike.......... :thumb:

bansheebuild048.jpg

• 1 month later...

I wanted to go with alloyboltz but they are no longer around the only person I kno sellign them is the ebay guy.

I think someone could get killed using some of his boltz, he did try to re-send me more bolts to replace the ones that did not fit (I took pics and sent them to him)

Bolts like the rear swingarm pivot bolt are fat and then have a thin section where the nut threads on. What he provided was a nice thin bolt that leaves all kinds of play so you can land a jump and break you neck.

Almost none of the bolts are not threaded where they should be, and visa versa. None of the brake caliper bolts or motor mount botls fit either. The brake caliper bolts I was sent stick out way past the disk. I guess if you run your rear brakes without the disk they would fit!

I got screwed and the kit was more expensive tan alloy bolts, I guess no1 makes a good kit anymroe and I'd probably be turned off from buying another as well. I already had all the clutch cover and stator cover bolts so Basicaly I used less than 1/2 of the kit. not worth it for $100 IMO.

Yea I'm thinking to put up a product review with some pictures once I get some time.

only about 2/3rd of the bolts fit many are too long, and some are not threaded where they need to be (don't thread in all the way).

The shock linkage pivot bolt is the wrong size. TH ebolt provided is the size of the threaded part on the factory bolt. But anyone who has taken the shock linkage off knows that the rest of the bol tis much thicker!

And I was sent the same bag of bolts twice since it was thought to be a mistake, the second bag had the same skinny bolt..