anybody run +1 or +2 a arms?

kman96

hey guys, do any of yall run a +1 or +2 a arm setup with stock axle width. i am wandering because the ball joint boots on my stock a arms are tore up, and i found out the ball joints cannot be replaced on the stock a arms and i would like to get +2 a arms but i don't know if i can afford a wider axle right now. if anyone is currently running this setup could you post some pics i would like to see what it looks like, and also how does the bike ride and handle, will it handle better or worse.

hey guys, do any of yall run a +1 or +2 a arm setup with stock axle width. i am wandering because the ball joint boots on my stock a arms are tore up, and i found out the ball joints cannot be replaced on the stock a arms and i would like to get +2 a arms but i don't know if i can afford a wider axle right now. if anyone is currently running this setup could you post some pics i would like to see what it looks like, and also how does the bike ride and handle, will it handle better or worse.

You can purchase new ball joints dust boots fromhttp://www.cascadeinnovations.net. What makes you think that the stock ball joints cannot be replaced? If you decide to go with +2+1 arms I highly suggest upgrading your shocks. I would do this even before considering a wider axle. Save up and do it right the first time.

Wider a-arms are a very good investment. You will need new shocks valved for

the extra width. You can run the stockers, but with more of a chance that you will

bottom out. I'd strongly suggest new arms and shocks then save your money and

get an axle later on down the road. This is what I did.

:beer:

my stock ball joints are F**ked and i figure i mine as well go wider now, i am not doing any huge jumps right now so could i run the stock shocks till i get the cash to purchase some new ones.

You could probably get by with adjusting your pre-load on your shocks, I imagine it would be really stiff though. I still strongly suggest you get some shocks ASAP when going to wider a-arms though.

No offense or anything, but you really dont wanna half ass it when it comes to your suspension

because you can really hurt yourself if the bottom half of your bike fucks up for any reason and

you're haulin' ass down a trail somewhere.

:beer:

the one banshee I have has +2 a-arms and a stock axle and it turns on a dime. They say your backend tends to slide out more and doesnt want to stay as straight when getting on the throttle, but I dont notice a bit at all.

The other banshee I got (dont know why it was ever set up like this), came with stock a-arms and a +2 axle on it. All the thing wants to do is push through any turn. It doesnt want to turn at all. Needless to say, the 2 axles are going to get swapped out when the 2 bikes get torn down over this next winter.