Getting PWK's to fit!

I just got a set of 35mm pwk carbs and on the bottom of the right side carb the bowl that the jet rest above is hitting the clutch. I tried to grind it and it just needed like 2 more mm taken off but it made the bottom thin and broke.:yankyank: I can get a new one before I need to ride the bike, but what next? Spacers?

Any info would be great.

same problem here... can maybe mill the plug at a slight angle from the front of the carb...

how far down can the clutch linkage be tweaked safely?... probably not much i suppose...

any suggestions welcome...

thanx,

yyz

I take it you are using stock intake boots. Go to ebay and look up "boss intake" . They make a manifold for the 35pwk and you can get them for $100. This will space your carb more away from your clutch. It is a very nice piece or alum and has a built in cross over.

thanks for all the replies... am using upp 33-35 manifolds with no spacers... was able to grind the bowl cap at an angle and then slightly bent the clutch lever down... now i have a nice 1/8" or so clearance...

yyz

thats what i did :clap:

I got a set of .40" reed spacers, 20$ shipped PM me if you want them.

Jump on those...you might have to hit a hardware store and spend 2 or 3 bucks for longer allen head bolts....

Bad idea if you're using stock intakes... You had to sand the shit out of them to get the carbs to fit...and they could crack or tear very easily...

I'm hoping you bought an aftermarket set made for the bigger carbs.

I think I just got my UPPs for 90 bucks, same carbs.

am using the upp manifolds made for 35mm carbs... also have vforce2's... didn't really want reed spacers as i havn't always had the best luck with them... really wanted to just tune and jet the bike first to evaluate the carb upgrade only... then trying some spacers later might be a good project...

again, thanks for all the replies :clap:

yyz

To be honest, you won't notice a performance upgrade from spacers alone...if you do...might be 1/2 a horse or so.

In this case...you need them for the actual spacing, to clear the clutch arm....

i agree... but i like the idea also, of not changing too many things at once... didn't like bending the clutch linkage down, but i was careful... and, after milling the carb bowl plug, i have about 1/8" of clearance...

yyz