STEELERS QB HURT RIDING A BIKE

I ride street bikes and I would never leave my driveway without my brain bucket on. I mean come on people..............

:With my helmet on, my hearing, peripheral vision, and just my senses in general are diminished...

You think your senses are diminished now, wait til we have to scrape your brain into a plastic bag and transport it to the hospital in the front seat when you're in the back, and then tell us how much you are diminished.

:Without my helmet, I can hear things happening, I can see much more, and I have much more time to react to things that I see quicker or can "sense" is happening...

"Sense it happening?, Ok spidey" I can agree with the hearing and sight reduction, but bottom line is these things are designed to give the best protection for your head. I think someone should design a better helmet then....................... good luck with that guys, what brain cells I still have from college I plan on keeping a little longer............. :beer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Bus" retires and "Big Ben" gets his face smashed. The rest of the AFC is probably happy as hell. Sucks with no helmet, I remember when my old man got knocked off his harley by a woman in full size bronco that switched lanes. He didn't have a helmet (no helmet law in AZ at the time, not sure now) and almost lost an ear but they sewed it back on, he gave up the bike after that.

jeez i live in pa and my insurance rates didnt go up when the helmet law was passed. Are you sure the insurance rates went up ??

im pro choice by the way.

There was another big motorcycle crash in pa this past weekend. A 20 year old college student was racing around on his crotch rocket and slammed into the side of a minivan, killing 4 people in the van. The kid on the bike also died. 5 dead.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=5025923

what are your choices being pro choice ? dead or alive that is what it comes down to. i hope you make the right choice at the right time

what are your choices being pro choice ? dead or alive that is what it comes down to. i hope you make the right choice at the right time

"dead or alive" thats clever. Obviously I was referring to ... helmet or no helmet jerky. Its all about imposing your will on other people. I wear a helmet 99% of the time, and I think guys who ride without out one are crazy. BUT..... I don't dare impose my beleifs on someone. "Choice" is where its at. No body else gets hurt because I died without a helmet on, so why should anyone give a shit ?? "Mind your own business" comes to mind. And Brooke's comment about society paying for crash victims who cant' afford medical treatment, that problem has nothing to do with the helmet laws. That problem lies with the dude who can't afford medical treatment. You can't pay to get your head re-attached, then the doctors should show you the door...

"dead or alive" thats clever. Obviously I was referring to ... helmet or no helmet jerky. Its all about imposing your will on other people. I wear a helmet 99% of the time, and I think guys who ride without out one are crazy. BUT..... I don't dare impose my beleifs on someone. "Choice" is where its at. No body else gets hurt because I died without a helmet on, so why should anyone give a shit ?? "Mind your own business" comes to mind. And Brooke's comment about society paying for crash victims who cant' afford medical treatment, that problem has nothing to do with the helmet laws. That problem lies with the dude who can't afford medical treatment. You can't pay to get your head re-attached, then the doctors should show you the door...

dont start being a punk that is not what this is about jerky , i could care if you wear a lid or not ,but im just saying you said pro choice to wear one or not and i am saying no lid= more injurys .im not trying to impose my beleifs on anyone . no disrespect intended that is not what this post is about ,i hope it just makes people aware it can happen to anyone

actually man, if you died it would hurt others, your family, friends and those who care about you that remain alive.

actually man, if you died it would hurt others, your family, friends and those who care about you that remain alive.

Couldn't agree more.You're dead because your selfish and like a little wind in you're wig when you're ride.Personal negligence-sp.

In CT you have to wear a seat belt in you're car but not a helmet on a bike??WTF.

Yeah you looked cool sporting your riding gear for the first half hour of you're ride and and now you scrambled your eggs in an accident and wind up you're in PJ's sporting the new Harley Davidson colostomy bag surrounded by unpaid bills and hungry kids.Some badass. :yankyank:

Wear a helmet.

you gotta love how in the interview months ago they asked him why he didn't where a helmet and he said..well it's now a law, if it was a law then I would definitely wear one..he said he feels more free without a helmet on..I mean cmon does a little skullcap really take away from that free feeling. I was hit by a lady while I was going 23mph on my yamaha streetbike a little over a year ago and had to sit in a wheel chair for over 3 months with an external fixator on my wrist and titatium permanently in my pelvis but my helmet which had a couple good scratches I believe saved me from facial damage and possible brain injury. Statistically most accidents happen under 25 mph and it doesn't take much to do damage so wear you helmets guys and gals..damn I feel like a preacher now. :shrug:

maybe since he wears a helmet every day he likes to ride with the freedom of choice by not wearing his helmet when riding.. cus it is a chioce since there is no helmet law.. i would never do it but im tired of other ppl bashing cus one self choses not to wear.. its his choice.. i never hear about ppl bitching cus some kid had sex with out a condom knock some teenager and now our taxes pay for it... im sure that everyone at some point has done somthing risky cus they can.. anyways i said my peace and wanna say darwins theory is in affect everyday...

it is pretty lame here in pa that there is a seat belt law "click it or ticket" lol, but they did away with the helmet law. if you have a mc license anyway, just a mc permit still requires a helmet until you get your license. big ben didn't have either, jack ass.

for all you people who see a sport bike rider and think "organ donor" you are totally wrong. granted there are lots out there who treat the street like it's a track or stunt lot, but lots of us just like the sporty look and sound over polishing a chromed up chugalug harley any day. the fact is that a lot of sport bikes and other bikes have the same motors in them, just one is covered with plastics instead of chrome. besides, i rarely see a sport bike rider without a helmet here, also usually at least wearing a leather jacket and gloves, jeans, sometimes even riding boots. but i see loads of people on 'regular bikes' or 'touring bikes ' without a helmet and wearing shorts and a t-shirt or less and tennis shoes or loafers every day. and you'd be surprised at the skill level of a sport bike rider compared to many joe blow touring bike geeks who really should have stayed on 4 wheels instead of 2.

it is pretty lame here in pa that there is a seat belt law "click it or ticket" lol, but they did away with the helmet law. if you have a mc license anyway, just a mc permit still requires a helmet until you get your license. big ben didn't have either, jack ass.

for all you people who see a sport bike rider and think "organ donor" you are totally wrong. granted there are lots out there who treat the street like it's a track or stunt lot, but lots of us just like the sporty look and sound over polishing a chromed up chugalug harley any day. the fact is that a lot of sport bikes and other bikes have the same motors in them, just one is covered with plastics instead of chrome. besides, i rarely see a sport bike rider without a helmet here, also usually at least wearing a leather jacket and gloves, jeans, sometimes even riding boots. but i see loads of people on 'regular bikes' or 'touring bikes ' without a helmet and wearing shorts and a t-shirt or less and tennis shoes or loafers every day. and you'd be surprised at the skill level of a sport bike rider compared to many joe blow touring bike geeks who really should have stayed on 4 wheels instead of 2.

i was reffering to all murdercycle guys regardless if it is a hardley -ableson or a gixxer

its only a matter of time before yo uget into trouble weather its your fault or not,weather yo u have gloves/jacket on or not ..skill means nothing when a deer runs out i n front of you at ful l charge or ol' aunt gertrude pulls out in front of you @70mph! those laws shouldnt be your choice IMO because too many people are dumb fucks and hurt others if theres no laws

if there wasnt a law(fines) on seat belts in our state than theres alot of little kids and that wouldnt be alive right now because theyre parents need to have a fine/penalty as a reminder to keep them safe -same for donorcycle riders , people generally ride like asses on them around here (especially young guys on sportbikes)with no shirt on and only cargo shorts nad a pair of sandles not sure about the giant metropalis of imler Pa. though :baseball_wassat: ive see nso man yget life flighted .i have nothing against motorcylce riders but i have see n way too many accidents here i guess and sadly its usually not the MC guys fault and there was little that could have prevented it alot of times

Edited by rocketboy

You can't ride a bike anymore unless you live in a rural town.. fuckin yuppie ass women and there 50$k suv's just come barreling down the road on the cell phone... 20mph under the speed limit while cutting across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic trying to get on the highway... fuck everybody else...

Mike