STEELERS QB HURT RIDING A BIKE

people generally ride like asses on them around here (especially young guys on sportbikes)with no shirt on and only cargo shorts nad a pair of sandles not sure about the giant metropalis of imler Pa. though :baseball_wassat:

I think there is 2 classes of sportbike rider class A: as you mentioned above and class B: like myself who's got more than 20% of the bikes cost wrapped up into safety gear. I hate seeing the cool guys with their wifebeater flying down the interstate at 70mph+ and see their helmet on the holder under the rear seat, it's just plain stupid. I don't see how people can ride without a helmet, bugs and rocks hurt way too much to not protect yourself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't ride a bike anymore unless you live in a rural town.. fuckin yuppie ass women and there 50$k suv's just come barreling down the road on the cell phone... 20mph under the speed limit while cutting across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic trying to get on the highway... fuck everybody else...

Mike

Amen Brotha. Not to mention the teenage girls on their celly's pulling out of nowhere (I avoid at least one everytime I go riding around here).

As a rule, most bikers in general are more tuned to what's around them because they have to be. Otherwise you wouldn't last long out in the busy/metro areas.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, and those are the guys that stick out like a sore thumb and people use as the bad example biker.

As for things flying at you and hitting you. Don't forget Cigarettes people flick out their window without looking in a mirror to see if they're gonna smack a biker in the face with it. I've had one bounce off my shirt just last month.

I wouldn't trade my bike for anything though. Except for maybe the new Triumph 675.

i ride my bike daily. as long as its not raining and the morning temps are above 45... I ride my bike to work everyday. 40 mile round trip. I leave for my job at 4:20 every morning, no later than 4:30. Pitch dark, through valleys and up mountains. Past farmers feilds. Im always looking for deer, thats my main concern when im riding to work in the morning. I usually do the speed limit, maybe a little over the limit sometimes :baseball_original: I always have a helmet on. I passed a helmetless dude riding a Harley the other day and his face was all fucked up lookin from the wind blast. Who the hell wants that ? Its like stickin' your head out the car window. And bees suck !! Roadkill sucks too.

Sept_2nd_Front.jpg

Most all the people I see riding around here in Colorado all have lids... But as PTT described, all these a-holes out here have the helmet strapped to the back.. :banghead: Seems like a majority of people that ride around here without a helmet only ride cuz its "cool""sick"phat""dope" or whatever :yankyank: . To me, cool is being able to remember who the hell you are, how to count past ten,ect. Those of you who can actually ride and are smart about it. Good for you, I wish I had your tallent, and I wish you all best of luck. But the rest of the clowns should stay the F off two wheels.

RIPPEN

As for things flying at you and hitting you. Don't forget Cigarettes people flick out their window without looking in a mirror to see if they're gonna smack a biker in the face with it. I've had one bounce off my shirt just last month.

Good point, I was just thinking about that last night that it needs to be outlawed. Sitting at a light with a lady in front of me smoking in her car and all I could smell was smoke. Absolutely disgusting habit I don't see how or why people do it.

I ride my bike to work every day that I can. 3 lanes 70mph speed limits that come to a standstill in a hurry but it's always in the same spots and you get used to it. Hearing squeeling tires behind you isn't cool but I keep my eyes on them and I know exactly where to go if they can't get stopped in time.

3 lanes 70mph speed limits that come to a standstill in a hurry but it's always in the same spots and you get used to it. Hearing squeeling tires behind you isn't cool but I keep my eyes on them and I know exactly where to go if they can't get stopped in time.

sounds... ... scary :baseball_wibble:

sounds... ... scary :baseball_wibble:

Unfortunately it is and it just got scarier. :baseball_shocked: This happened last night at the exact stretch of I-35 that I'm talking about. http://kstp.com/article/stories/S17116.html?cat=1

Guys at work drove by there and saw the body covered with a sheet and said they were thinking about me. I can't figure out how eaxctly the bike got hit but the guys who drove through said it looked like he got rear ended. He wasn't wearing a helmet.