Finally got the shee street legal!

That's right... the shee is now "officially" street legal for Montana!!! I had been putting it off for some time due to a bent axle and tweeked front rim... on top of the cost of registration, which is around 150 bucks. Made some phone calls today after a buddy purchased a brand new suzuki GSXR 600, and found out that once again, the military has it's benefits. Only paid 39 bucks for a permanent offroad sticker, AND a motorcycle tag. So in celebration... I spent the even cruising around town.

Taking advantage of the buddy with the new crotch rocket... I headed out of town on the highway to see just what shee had after a pipe and filter. Previously, when it was all stock, my top speed was at around 75, give or take a little. Poor neon who was following me couldn't accerlate quick enough. After the DMC Aliens and K&N filter, shee pulled a whopping 90 MPH on stock gearing, with a 21 inch tall tires!!! Holy shit was I ever stoked... was expecting around 80-85. The only draw back was accerating up a hill. Isn't steep... but it strecthes forever. I might could have hit 93 on level ground... but level ground is scarce around here.

All in all it was a kick ass evening. Cops were swarming all around, but didn't harrass me at all. Hopefully I'll have one of those GPS speedometers soon... that way I don't have to pace with traffic. :cheers:

Congratz Gargamel! You will have lots of fun with that.

Over in europe its no longer possible to get a new 2-stroke registered and steet legal due to emmission crap.

and im told its also no longer possible to import a already legal banshee and have it re-registered over here in holland.

But that should be BS... due to the "EU" regulations.

basicly saying .. whats legal in germany must be legal in holland.

Well again.. have lots of fun!

That's right... the shee is now "officially" street legal for Montana!!!  I had been putting it off for some time due to a bent axle and tweeked front rim... on top of the cost of registration, which is around 150 bucks.  Made some phone calls today after a buddy purchased a brand new suzuki GSXR 600, and found out that once again, the military has it's benefits.  Only paid 39 bucks for a permanent offroad sticker, AND a motorcycle tag.  So in celebration... I spent the even cruising around town.

Taking advantage of the buddy with the new crotch rocket... I headed out of town on the highway to see just what shee had after a pipe and filter.  Previously, when it was all stock, my top speed was at around 75, give or take a little.  Poor neon who was following me couldn't accerlate quick enough.  After the DMC Aliens and K&N filter, shee pulled a whopping 90 MPH on stock gearing, with a 21 inch tall tires!!!  Holy shit was I ever stoked... was expecting around 80-85.  The only draw back was accerating up a hill. Isn't steep... but it strecthes forever.  I might could have hit 93 on level ground... but level ground is scarce around here.

All in all it was a kick ass evening.  Cops were swarming all around, but didn't harrass me at all.  Hopefully I'll have one of those GPS speedometers soon... that way I don't have to pace with traffic. :cheers:

518284[/snapback]

Post up some pics. I'd like to see what it looks like.

:cheers:

Post up some pics. I'd like to see what it looks like.

:cheers:

518315[/snapback]

I knew that would come up eventually, lol. I don't have any pics if it right now, but I have an old pic of it, and it still looks the same (headlights are back on). Only difference now is a permanent offroad sticker, a motorcycle license plate (currently zip tied to the frame), a mirror, electric horn, and supposed to have a reflector front and rear, but I haven't gotten them on yet, and the law states you don't need them if your lights are reflective enough.

gallery_9314_199_1120014435.jpg

if it were legal in pa. a banshee would be my all around vehicle.

518316[/snapback]

I wish I could too... but the base won't allow the use of street legal atvs on base, so I can't drive it to work, and seeing as how I currently live on base, I have to haul it just outside the gate and unload it in town. Supposedly they were working on sweet talking safety into letting us use them on base to help save on gas, but last I heard, that got shot down again, for reasons unknown.

Edited by Screamin_Demon

I just got back from Minot AFB and they let you ride from base housing to the gate on the roads.  You can't use it to go to work but it was weird watching them cruise down the road.

518395[/snapback]

I knew Minot let you use snowmobiles in the winter, but didn't know they let you at least go from housing to the gate with quads. I felt like a criminal for about 3 hours yesterday... that whole mentality that you're not supposed to have quads on the roads. After passing about 7 cops and 2 highway patrol (one right after shutting it down from hitting 90) I eased up a bit and was more relaxed.

no shit. id love to roll around missouri on my banshee...

518326[/snapback]

aint that the fucking truth :cheers: my work is like 5 min up 71 hwy from my house

Where do you call to check on what you have to have to make your quad street legal in your state? Do you have to have a motorcycle lisence or just a regular drivers lisence? BTW how are you sure that you are running 90 mph? That is way fast for a stock banshee.

518880[/snapback]

DMV or local law enforcement are the places to check. Montana doesn't require me to have a motorcycle endorsment on my license, but I don't know if any other state would require one.

As far as 90 mph... my banshee isn't stock anymore... it's piped (DMC aliens) and filtered, and running a 21 in. tire (stock is 20 in. I believe) on stock gearing. I was running next to my buddy who just bought a brand new GSX-R 600... so being that it was brand new the same day we were out, and the fact that it has a digital speedometer, I have no doubt in my mind that it was in fact 90 MPH. Had the bike been altered or modified any, I would have doubts. If I could get ahold of a helmet cam... I'd have him ride with it on so I could see for myself. For now, I just have to take his word.