Da Vinci Code

warwgn

iv been away for a few days, so i missed a shitload of posts in this thead... but i was thinkin.....

Being a non believer, I see the religious folk as brain washed..... similar to folks in a cult. In fact I really don't know the difference between a cult and a religion. :shrug: Its all very odd to me, everytime I see folks praying and worshipping and whatnot.

Long story: My buddy's mom that I was tellin' yas about before, she's uber-religious, I would go to thier church every once in while, they went to church 3 to 4 times a week, so If I wanted to hang out with my buddy... I'd have to tag along with him to his church. Now I don't know what religion these folks were, Baptists or somethin like that.... but these people were fuckin' crazy. Mind you im 14 years old when this shit is goin' down. Their preacher, or minister or preist or whatever the fuck you call em... would start preachin', and the women would get up and start praisin' the lord and then start moanin and hootin and hollerin', Im like... WTF... then folks would get down on the floor and start wigglin around... WTF is up with that shit ?? My buddy had a hellava time coming out to play with all the other neighbor hood kids, his mom made him do this thing called Devotions that would take up alot of his time, they'd read stuff from the bible for 2 hours, everyday.... I think they did it at a certain time of the day too. :shrug: I dunno, but it was some weird shit this dude had to do. I was like 16 years old and hangin out in the living room while he's gotta read bible stuff with his mom, he'd finally get done and we'd go out and do some serious underage drinkin :laugh: :headbang: Now he's at age 35ish and he still believes in a god, but doenst go to church, doesnt wiggle on the ground and moan to god and doesnt do Devotions. In fact he's a hellraiser now. :beer:

ttyl, its been pretty busy around here lately and I havent been online much.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your friend may have been Pentecostal. If he was, he is known as a "Holy Roller." It is common for Pentecostal Christians to speak in tongues (the moaning you heard). And they believe that when "The Holy Spirit" seizes them, they must roll over and over on the floor and twitch in an uncontrolled manner.

This must have been very exciting to experience first hand. And it obviously left a lasting impression on you.

iv been away for a few days, so i missed a shitload of posts in this thead... but i was thinkin.....

Being a non believer, I see the religious folk as brain washed..... similar to folks in a cult. In fact I really don't know the difference between a cult and a religion. :shrug: Its all very odd to me, everytime I see folks praying and worshipping and whatnot.

Long story: My buddy's mom that I was tellin' yas about before, she's uber-religious, I would go to thier church every once in while, they went to church 3 to 4 times a week, so If I wanted to hang out with my buddy... I'd have to tag along with him to his church. Now I don't know what religion these folks were, Baptists or somethin like that.... but these people were fuckin' crazy. Mind you im 14 years old when this shit is goin' down. Their preacher, or minister or preist or whatever the fuck you call em... would start preachin', and the women would get up and start praisin' the lord and then start moanin and hootin and hollerin', Im like... WTF... then folks would get down on the floor and start wigglin around... WTF is up with that shit ?? My buddy had a hellava time coming out to play with all the other neighbor hood kids, his mom made him do this thing called Devotions that would take up alot of his time, they'd read stuff from the bible for 2 hours, everyday.... I think they did it at a certain time of the day too. :shrug: I dunno, but it was some weird shit this dude had to do. I was like 16 years old and hangin out in the living room while he's gotta read bible stuff with his mom, he'd finally get done and we'd go out and do some serious underage drinkin :laugh: :headbang: Now he's at age 35ish and he still believes in a god, but doenst go to church, doesnt wiggle on the ground and moan to god and doesnt do Devotions. In fact he's a hellraiser now. :beer:

ttyl, its been pretty busy around here lately and I havent been online much.

I know this is elementary but you are a believer you prove it every time you post. You just don't what in. I of course do.

Edited by rkc

HOLY SHIT!!!! 60 pages!!!!! I missed a shit load of stuff, but dont need to read it since I already know what it says. I cant belive this thread lasted this long. Oh well just shows how far religous folks will go to try and prove what they belive despite all the shit that will be talked and lack of concrete proof. Got to respect their resolve no matter how rediculos the subject.

HOLY SHIT!!!! 60 pages!!!!! I missed a shit load of stuff, but dont need to read it since I already know what it says. I cant belive this thread lasted this long. Oh well just shows how far religous folks will go to try and prove what they belive despite all the shit that will be talked and lack of concrete proof. Got to respect their resolve no matter how rediculos the subject.

I think it shows how much religious folk are willing to try to help a lost soul like Helldriver. When you think about it Helldriver sounds like he has devoted his whole life to proving religion is a farse with all the studying he's done. Look where it has gotten him... Hey Helldriver you never answered Duece's question about what you do for a living.

and where has religion gotten you? about as far as not beliveing has gottten me

we are on this same planet, and because i dont belive in a fake god, and you do, we are both alive and well,,, THE DIFFERENCE IS YOU FEAR GOD, I GIVE HIM THE MIDDLE FINGER

and meat. very intersting clip there,,,, ALOT OF GOOD STUFF THERE

my job, framing houses,,, was on my own doing sheathing for 4 years, now im back framing again, working for a company

Edited by helldriver

I think it shows how much religious folk are willing to try to help a lost soul like Helldriver.

Well I'm as guilty or more so than anyone in this thread but now I guess we can see the meaning of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". I don't think the Bible condones evangelism to the extremes. We are instead to quickly leave our offering before our brother/sister in need and then depart from those who are unreceptive. If our brother/sister insists that he or she is not in need, then be content with hope that you both should be happy. If our own lives aren't perfect perhaps we should not too much meddle with our brothers life.

should I say, there is no other way under Heaven by which men can come to know their Redeemer, but by that light, with which all are inlightened, Christ Jesus the light of the World, should I so say as I do? vanity and darknes unto which what I so speak is unknown, would deny me in so speaking; but my words are true, by which I may not be deceived, knowing they come forth, from the word of truth. I have a little tasted of both wayes, of the good, and of the evill; but really I found the foolishness of preaching, to be another thing then the wisdom of flesh, and base things, and things of mean degree, to be another thing, then what is in the exaltation, though never so lovely; but here is the misery, darkness is passed over, and so good is called evill, and evill good: let not people believe generall reports, but call to minde a despised people, those were they in all generations; but if any thing heard and seen in particular, may appear truly to be evill, then may it be refused; but if good, why then are men so vain, that they will not see, that so they may understand

-John Toldervy

its my own will, nobodys elses

and it certianly wont be the will of your bullshit god

yeah ok Gods will :yelrotflmao:

i guess it is gods will that takes the life of newborn babies that did nothin g wrong, or its gods will that takes the lives of 4 year olds, again, that did nothing wrong,

well try and tell the mother of that newborn, that is was gods will, and the kid is in a better place you bible asshole!!

i love when they bible pushers say "oh its gods will" that is THE biggest bullshit crap they can try and feed you

gods will is just another bullshit answer they give, when they dont have a STRAIGHT up answer

Edited by helldriver