To keep my totalled Banshee or not.

My Banshee has been totalled, by my insurance company. In order for me to keep it I have to take 1600 out of my final settlement.

What would you guys do? Let them have it or fix it back up. All it really needs is a new frame everything else seem okay. It rides and run fine now though, frame isn't bent bad enough to effect the ride.

It's not anything special, but here's what it has everything is stock except. It's a 2002 with V-force 2, Paul Turner Mid pipes, Razr's on douglas rims with have alot of tread still. MSD ignition, Fat bars. DG bumper and nerf bars(bent not bad) Timing plate, K&N filter and with UNI intake.Lowing kit in back that's more of less it. So what do you guys think keep for 1600 or let it go and start all over? I plan on buying another Banshee regardless. I want a drag/dune bike also. I thought if I keep this one. I'm not going to fix it untill fall. There are some hill's I want to climb first and they are hills I know I won't be able to make it up the first few times, so I know it will roll a time or two on these hills.

Edited by Speedie

i'll buy the pipes off you and send you my stockers for free pm me if interested

517807[/snapback]

I'd do it but They want this bike by ASAP. I thought there were a set of PT mids in the for sale section though.

All the bike really needs is a new frame. I think if I buy a used one I'd have around 2000 in it. Plus the extra 2000 left over. That doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Well I decided to keep it. I figure I could always get a good used frame for it, but I more than likeily I will just ride it the way it is. It still rides great. I'm going to buy a drag/dune bike soon and may need parts off of it anyway. I figure I could always part it out if I had too and should be able to get the 1600 back for it or hope anyway.

Sounds like you made a good decision. Let us know how your next build turns out.

521286[/snapback]

I plan to buy one already built. I know that's not a real man's way of doing it, but I just don't have time to build one from the ground up. Especially the bike I want. I want a 10mm stroker cheetah/t-rex. Maybe on alcohol. The only thing I want to do is maybe custom paint it and chrome it out. I plan to only most ride it on the road.