thumb throttle is soft/the pipes give out a sound

night

Its a stock banshee

as i am driving the banshee, sometimes the throttle gets soften and the moment i push the throttle a bit the pipes give a firing sound -- approx. 10 seconds sounds like "takh" approx. 10 seconds later "takh"

your help is appreciated

Need more info to help you bro :confused:

Its a stock banshee

as i am driving the banshee, sometimes the throttle gets soften and the moment i push the throttle a bit the pipes give a firing sound --  approx. 10 seconds sounds like "takh" approx. 10 seconds later "takh"

your help is appreciated

506334[/snapback]

ok i will make a better explaination

i was riding the banshee and i rolled the banshee side way and then i turned it on its 4 tires.

i was riding normally and 5 minutes later this is what happened:

the throttle became very sensitive, a small push to the throttle and it was as if i am pushing the throttle to it maximum and the 2 exusts(the 2 pipes) would back fire with a "takh" sound

I changed the 2 plugs with 2 new plugs.

rode it for about 20 minutes and the problem got solved.

I would like to know what happened? and how to fix it next time?

If ur motor is revving fast as shit and backfiring ur running too lean bud or u might have a case of piston slap to much piston to wall clearance which will eventually shatter a skirt and cause more problems

Backfiring "takh" "takh" "takh" was my real problem plus the loose throttle.

Let me tell you something, every normal throttle takes approximately 1 inch of distance from standstill to the maximum push, and the 1 inch push is constant in its hardness.

My throttle was soft the first 0.2 inch and the rest of 0.8 inch would be normally hard.

The moment i push 0.2 inch of the throttle the engine would rev to its maximum and then backfire "takh"

So maybe it was my carb/carbs.

As said earlier, the problem got rectified within 20 minutes of driving.

Now, things are fine, i have ridden it like for 3 hours and no problem.

I really want to know what happened that day.

Almost the same thing happend to mine today, it turned out to be the clutch sensor on the handlebars.  If it does it again take it off and push the spring thing down and see if it runs then.  Make sure the spring is totally in.

507333[/snapback]

Could you please explain exactly what happened.

BTW, where is clutch sensor exactly located, what to look for and how does it look like.

Thanks.

Could you please explain exactly what happened.

BTW, where is clutch sensor exactly located, what to look for and how does it look like.

Thanks.

507389[/snapback]

I would give it gas and it would either bog or rev out really quickly without alot of throttle. Its right on the clutch perch, you will see the wire. You will need a screw driver to push the tab so it comes out. Even if this is not the problem its good to fix it before t causes you problems. Im goin to take mine off and cut the wires and put them together. The same thing went on my kfx. Look at this picture, it is the only cable comming out of the perch. http://i16.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/e9/ac/08_1.JPG

Good luck with everything. Let me know if that works or not.

Edited by bansheebrian06

I would give it gas and it would either bog or rev out really quickly without alot of throttle.  Its right on the clutch perch, you will see the wire. You will need a screw driver to push the tab so it comes out.  Even if this is not the problem its good to fix it before t causes you problems.  Im goin to take mine off and cut the wires and put them together.  The same thing went on my kfx.  Look at this picture, it is the only cable comming out of the perch. http://i16.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/e9/ac/08_1.JPG

Good luck with everything.  Let me know if that works or not.

507445[/snapback]

Dear Brian, could you please be more exactl on that picture.

You could put an arrow on that picture as of where is exactly that spring or clutch perch.

I see a small black sqare there, where is the spring or clutch perch from there --- I appologize for asking alot and trying to be that exact.

Dear Brian, could you please be more exactl on that picture.

You could put an arrow on that picture as of where is exactly that spring or clutch perch.

I see a small black sqare there, where is the spring or clutch perch from there --- I appologize for asking alot and trying to be that exact.

507460[/snapback]

It's ok, you need to pop out the black connector the cable is connected to with a flat screwdriver, once you get it off you will see a needle looking thing, it is spring loaded, so you can push it in, hold the needle in and see how it runs, if that is the problem you can either splice the wires and connect them, or just shove cardboard or something into the place where the black connector goes into the clutch perch so it will push in more and stay in better. If you need any more help with it let me know, im glad to help a fellow rider out in any way. :cheers:

It's ok, you need to pop out the black connector the cable is connected to with a flat screwdriver, once you get it off you will see a needle looking thing, it is spring loaded, so you can push it in, hold the needle in and see how it runs, if that is the problem you can either splice the wires and connect them, or just shove cardboard or something into the place where the black connector goes into the clutch perch so it will push in more and stay in better.  If you need any more help with it let me know, im glad to help a fellow rider out in any way.  :cheers:

507472[/snapback]

Thanks a lot Brian, you are a very good person, I hope I shall be of help to you too in the future and to other good members. :cheers:

William