Whats a Good 1/4 mile time?

Whitey

thats pretty good. 350 on alky i would run11.22`s all day.

409 cheetas stock stroke 10.89

they were drag bikes though.

503798[/snapback]

I always wondered what you ran at the track....what kind of times were you running in the 1/8th on both setups?

Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some of my times with my 350 :cheers:

the drag framed cheetas on motor were doing. 6 flat with no tuning on gas, no nitrous.i got out of it before i got a chance to fully tune it.no more serious draggin.my priorities changed.

thats pretty good. 350 on alky i would run11.22`s all day.

409 cheetas stock stroke 10.89

they were drag bikes though.

503798[/snapback]

The bike has a 420 cheetah motor, stock swingarm running C16. What was the trap mph for that 10.89?

Also which would be better: extended swingarm or a wheelie bar?

The bike has a 420 cheetah motor, stock swingarm running C16.  What was the trap mph for that 10.89?

Also which would be better: extended swingarm or a wheelie bar?

504082[/snapback]

My cheetah runs 6.2 at 100 in the 1/8 at 4000 feet.I don't now what 1/4 mile is thow.

that rediculous.  that what i run on my stock motor.  unless you have like esome 28" tires....

try like a 17/42 and those trap speeds will go through th roof.

505093[/snapback]

The reason I went with 14/42 is for the 1/8 mile.If I went to a 17/42 it would slow down in the 1/8 mile.If I was racing the full 1/4 mile I would have ran 16/40 gearing.

Thanks NYUK,

We are new to ATV drag racing, but wise with the 1/4 mile car or truck racing. We've applied most of our 1/4 mile knowledge to the quad and about 95% of the stuff works! I drive a low 8 second S-10 truck for my sponsor and my Wife drives my old mid 10 second Camaro and my Son will take over the riding duties on the quad in June when he turns 16.

My best on my stock stroke ported cylinders (150psi on alky) in the 1/4 was 13.0@93mph w/22" heavy holeshots on blaster rims (stock rear sprocket, and a 15 or 16 in front). I just finished my triple exhaust cylinders and it seems to run identical but on gas w/103psi. Just raised the compression to 174psi and it seems to run good, just that the water gets a lot hotter a lot quicker. Might have to get a little more cooling before I try the 1/4 mile. I could run time after time last year, 123*F on alky, and 149*F on gas after every 1/4 mile pass. If I make a blast up and down my strip in the back yard, it hits 160" quick. Any body ever add an extra heater core or anything for extra cooling?