Banshee STILL WON'T IDLE

Mean4x4

Okay, I have a 99 banshee Rebuilt last year, with a cool head, FMF's & TORS removal kit. It will not idle. So I purchased new carbs for it ( used ones off here ) and it does the same thing. It will rev up fine, and it will NOT idle. U have to keep surging the throttle to get it to stay running. the choke tube is connected, the slides are in correctly. The carbs are adjusted properly. NOW... Could Reeds, or bad gaskets between carbs & reeds cause this problem? What about a " somewhat loose choketube" all the rubber hoses on this quad are worn and hard, and I am going to replace them anyways. Please HELP!!

Okay, I have a 99 banshee Rebuilt last year, with a cool head, FMF's & TORS removal kit. It will not idle. So I purchased new carbs for it ( used ones off here ) and it does the same thing. It will rev up fine, and it will NOT idle. U have to keep surging the throttle to get it to stay running. the choke tube is connected, the slides are in correctly. The carbs are adjusted properly. NOW... Could Reeds, or bad gaskets between carbs & reeds cause this problem? What about a " somewhat loose choketube" all the rubber hoses on this quad are worn and hard, and I am going to replace them anyways. Please HELP!!

502086[/snapback]

id make certain that you have enough material taken off of the idle screws when u installed the tors removal..eff with those idle screws...you did put those on didnt ya?

You mixed the slides up!!!you have a right and a left slide.the way you can check is look at the carbs on the right side (the passenger side)and push the thumb throttel . look at the site glass holes on the side of the carbs to see if you can see if the marks on the slides come up.

On the new carbs, I didn't add the idle screw and drill them out. I adjusted the idle with the slides  on top of the carbs. my other carbs had the idle screw and I'm getting the SAME EXACT response.

502214[/snapback]

so your saying adjusting doesnt even have any effect, like it idling to high? Did you check to see if the slides are actually being rasied at all? with the idle kit, you will probally need to file down the tube that the idle screws screw into, i did when i installed it on my carbs. I noticed when i screwed them in it had no effect on the slides so i took off a couple inches and they worked fine. Im not sure about your situation, but it seems that the top of the carbs arnt raising them, just install the idle kit and file that tube down and it should be fine!