EASTER

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you all have a great weekend with family and friends. Take a moment to think about this. Even if you donn't believe, think about the meaning and the impact it has if it is true.

Mark 16:1-8 And when the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Salome, bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him (Jesus). And very early on the first day of the week they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.

And they were saying to one another "Who will roll away the stone foru us from the entrance of the tomb?" And looking up they saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed.

And he said to them, "Do not be amazed, you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been cruscified. He has risen;He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him. Go tell His disciples and Peter, He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He has told you."

This is what it is all about. Not just Easter but every day. The fact that Jesus is alive and he conquered death and sin. The fact that we can start again and be forgiven. That there is a God and he has provided a way of reconciliation for us. That a new life is ours to ask for.

The next time you hit the dunes or the trail with your bike especially in the spring, look around. You can see God's plan for us all around you. As the plants that died in the fall come back to "life" Just like those plants, all of us were spiritually dead at one point. All we have to do is recognize it and ask for the new life God provides through Jesus Christ.

RJV

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind him RJ. His screen name says it all. Keep driving helldriver. You'll get there. :rotflmao:

Happy Easter everyone!

And lest there be any more jehovah witness in the crowd who think that it is wrong to observe Easter, but instead that we should

continue to observe in the way of the old jewish traditions...you are WRONG.

Here you go. Pick your translation.

Colossians 2: 16-17

AAT Then nobody shall say you are wrong in what you eat or drink or do on a festival, on the first day of the month, or on a Sabbath. These have been a shadow of the coming things, but the real things are in Christ.

AB Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you in matters of food and drink, or with regard to a feast day or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Such [things] are only the shadow of things that are to come, and they have only a symbolic value. But the reality -- the substance, the solid fact of what is foreshadowed, the body of it -- belongs to Christ.

ANT Let no man judge you, therefore, in matters of food and drink, or in such a matter as a festival, new moon, or sabbath, which represent only a shadow of things to come, and of which Christ is the substance.

BNT You must not therefore let anyone criticize you in matters of what is right or wrong to eat or drink, or with regard to the alleged correct observance of festivals, new moons and sabbaths. These things are no more than the shadow of things to come; the reality belongs to Christ.

CEV Don't let anyone tell you what you must eat or drink. Don't let them say that you must celebrate the New Moon festival, the Sabbath, or any other festival. These things are only a shadow of what was to come. But Christ is real!

CJB So don't let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Chodesh or Shabbat. These are a shadow of things that are coming, but the body is of the Messiah.

CNT Therefore, let no one take you to task over what you eat and drink, or in the matter of observing a festival, a new moon, or a sabbath, these things being no more than a pale foreshadowing of what was to come, the proper reality to be found nowhere but in Christ.

DRB Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of a festival day, or the new moon, or of the sabbaths,

Which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

HBME Therefore let no one condemn you as to food, and as to drink, nor in respect to a festival, or new moon, or Sabbaths: which were a forecast of the future; but the substance belongs to Christ.

IB Then do not let anyone judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or the new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of coming things; but the body is of Christ.

IV Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days;

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

KJV Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

LB So don't let anybody criticize you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating Jewish holidays and feasts or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these were only temporary rules that ended when Christ came. They were only shadows of the real thing -- of Christ himself.

NET Let no man criticize you, then, as to what you eat and drink or in regard to a festival day, a first day of a month or Sabbath days. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body itself is Christ.

NNT Consequently, no one can call you to account on rules of food and drink, or on observances of a festival, or a new moon, or a sabbath. For they were only symbols of future realities. The sum total of these realities is Christ.

NSNT Let no one, therefore, be your judge as to what you may eat or drink, or in the matter of observing feast days and new moons and sabbaths. These things foreshadow what is to come. The one foreshadowed is Christ.

SGAT So no one can call you to account for what you eat or drink, or do about annual or monthly feasts or Sabbaths. That was all only the shadow of something that was to follow; the reality is found in Christ.

SNB Let no one therefore, be judging you in eating and in drinking, or in respect of feast, or new moon, or sabbath,

Which are a shadow of things to come, whereas the body is of the Messiah.

SSBE Let no man judge you therefore in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day, or a new moon, or a sabbath: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body of the Messiah.

WNT Stop letting anyone pass judgment on you in matters of eating and drinking, or in the matter of annual or monthly feasts or sabbaths. These were but the shadow of what was coming; the reality belongs to Christ.

Thank you for our Salvation Jesus! :notworthy:

religion = BULLSHIT

502062[/snapback]

I am not a fan of religion. Religion usually consists of a bunch of rules that one must follow to be accepted by other members of the "religion". Those rules are sometimes based upon what the Bible says and other times based upon what members of the religion think is right or wrong. The only rules I try to follow are the ones from the Bible. And guess what, I cant follow all of them. No matter how hard I try I fail on a daily basis.

Anyway, not trying to start anything like the last time. Easter and Christmas are important times to me and I would bet others on here because of the Christian view of the Holiday. The importance of what those days represent to me can not be explained. Salvation is the most important thing and the most amazing thing a person can experiance.

When God knocks at anyones door they know. It just differs on what people will do when they hear and feel the knocking. The beauty of free will.

I've got nothing against you Helldriver, we've got different views on this topic is all. Have a good weekend anyway doing what ever you do on Easter Weekend.

RJV

Course then there's the original celebration of Easter:

Easter was a celebration of rebirth and of the goddes Eastre back in ancient Rome - celebrated on the vernal equinox (basically end of winter, beginning of nature's sex show). All the townsfolk would decorate eggs and exchange them as gifts symbolizing the fertility of spring (basically u gave an egg to somebody you wanted to bone). The single ladies of the town would make baskets and go into the forest to pick flowers for their boytoys. Then the men would follow em to hook up and have a good ol' orgy.

Oh and the rabbit? Well Eastre was said to take the form of a hare, so people would construct mock-rabbits to symbolize her. The whole point of the festival was to get laid and maybe get pregnant.

So which would you prefer?

the bible doesnt tel l of colorful easter eggs and rabbits ,that is jus t an american festive wa y of celebrating it ,the bottom line is Jesus died for our sins weather you belive that or not this is why we should celebrate easter .its a shame some people would rather rely on old monkey bones to belive in than a actual real life historical figure who was witness/recorded by thousands of all faiths to do amazing things and make belivers out of many many thousands back when there was less than a m illion people as a world populationand changed the world forever more . the people that actually belive in apes as our ancestors probably did origiant from apes as theyre parents :P

beliveing in jesus is like beliving in bigffot, or the lockness monster :rolleyes:

i love how they think jesus walked on water,,,,, wel;l sure he did, all the good shit he was smokin back then,,, he was walking on water all right :lol: just think of all the PURE shit they had back then,,, make a belivier out of me too

but for me{again my opion} to belive in a story book, is just redecluois

for me religion is for weak minded people who dont belive in themselves, and need some sort of crutch to hold on too when they cant deal with stuff

and real life events?? hmm wonder if you ever read the dead sea scrolls, or the stuiff they omited form the bible,,,

Edited by helldriver

the bible doesnt tel l of  colorful easter eggs and rabbits  ,that is jus t an american  festive  wa y of celebrating it ,the bottom line is Jesus died  for our sins weather you belive that or not this is why we should  celebrate easter .its a shame  some people  would rather rely on old monkey bones to belive in than a actual real life historical figure who was witness/recorded  by thousands  of all faiths  to do amazing things and make belivers out of many many thousands back when there was less than a m illion people as a world populationand changed the world forever more .  :P

502090[/snapback]

What he said! :clap:

Do you realize that christianity is only one religion out of thousands right? There we're literally thousands upon thousands of Gods worshipped throughout history. What makes you think you Jesus and your christianity is the way to go? Here's a list of alternatives http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions.

Whatever, thats not even the point really. The point is, he doesn't exist. Period. There are no gods, you're not going to heaven. Even if God spoke directly to me, I would still refuse to follow a god as vengeful, vain, INCOMPETENT, etc, etc...

Sorry to shit on your parade, but religion truly is, BULLSHIT.