100hp?

my 4mm cub isn't drag ported by any means, and I hit 100HP. my port timings are the same as what they come from Calvin, but that's not to say that the shapes are the same. additionally, my 4mm cub made more torque throughout its entire curve than my stock cylinder dune port with CPI's.

cubs just make more power everywhere, especially on top. at least from my experience.

man 100hp is alot. you dont need that kind of power unless you are dragging and very serious about it. before you go nuts just try a good port and polish job and advance the timing 4 degrees with some good gas and a k&n. that will make it a new bike over stock. try going to alba action.com and click on the banshee performance tips. keep in mind if you go up on power you need the suspension to match.

2001 banshee

elkas

+2+1 arms

+2 dura blue eliminator

34mm pj's

bored to 370

wiseco pistons

port polish

milled head

+6 timing

um airbox

250r k&n

pro design madifold

delta 3's

pro circuits

everything billet and clean

i cant stress enough that alot has to do with horsepower.. stroke,carb size set up pipes, timing,case porting, reeds and TUNING!!! has alot to do with the horsepower #s and correct me if im wrong but for hill shooting u want bigger strokers what ever cylindars or port u got for the torque!

If you plan on going from a 38HP stocker, to a 100HP screamer, you better make sure your life and health insurnaces are paid up. I agree with izericson 100%. Port it, pipe it, tune it up, and do other bolt on mods, and then ride it and get used to it, before going wild with the mods, or chances are, it will bite you in the a$$, and hard. Just my $.02.

Ok, 2 things are obvious here. First off, Sheewanter had no idea that a stock shee runs 34 hp. Second off, the first few people after his second post didn't really read into what he wanted. He wants a machine that will handle anything he throws at it, not a drag racing, hill shooting man-eater. 100hp is way too much for anything to really have any fun with it in the trails. Especiallly with a 2-stroke powerband. It would be feasible on a 4-stroke but still too much to really use.

He is probably best off with a good set of ported jugs, the popular bolt ons and a good set of pipes (T6's....shoulda got T5's man).

Sheewanter - No one can just "tell" you what to get because no one know exactly what you want to ride and how you prefer it. Most people in here would suggest;

a good set of pipes (be it T5's, FMF fatties, Rockets, CPI, PTs, etc)

an aftermarket cylinder head with smaller domes (19-22cc is probably your range) a good "trail port" from F.A.S.T. or Passion

a set of VF3 reed cages and reeds,

K&N filter (pods or prodesign style)

28-30mm Keihin carbs (maybe a 2-into-1, depends on your preferences)

+4 timing advance (modify stock or buy aftermarket plate)

I'd stay away from the stroker cranks and aftermarket jugs at this point, I think you'd be more than happy with just half of those mods listed. With just the pipes, filters and timing advance you will notice a significant change in power. You might even be happy with it for a while. I say that because we Banshee guys just can't leave well-enough alone.

a 4mil cub wil lhit 100 rwhp  if setup right ,but i doubt yo uneed that for your riding ,yo uneed to ride a 80+ hp machine to truel y unsertsand what its like and then youd realize its usually way overkill , if you professionally ported that 350 and did several other  bolt on mods like good  midrange  pipes , delta vforce, higher  compression, advacned timing ,K&N to it youd have more than enough hp to scale giant gaslines or hills  wit h ease  :cheers:

496288[/snapback]

Yea I have never had a lack of power on a good ported 350 on any hill.Just keep it in the rev and climb away,throwing roost all the way.

to be honest wit u if ur runnin t6s now wit a good filter set up and reeds and what not, if ur runnin on loose stuff try gettin a set of paddle masters. im tellin ya wit just a set of 20in masters u will fuckin fly up those hills with even 38hp it pulls just like it does on pavement. trust me i know, and the hills i climb are loose coal.

Edited by BansheeBillyBob