How to remove rivets from stock basket?

broke

i used a little 4" grinder and carefully took them down as close to the gear as possible without hitting it. then, a hammer and a punch and tapped them out. B)

Does the metal spacer in between basket and gear need to be reused?  The instructions With the basket are vague.

495689[/snapback]

yes reuse that spacer deal. i run magnum baskets and it uses that spacer. i think all these aftermarket baskets are identical so id use it...i use a 4" grinder to grind them down then punched them out...

ok you have the basket, and the gear and the spacer deal. lay the basket down with the back facing up. put the spacer on there. then put the gear on. there tabs stickin up from the basket will fit inside the gear deal. a bushing goes on either side of those tabs. u can use a small flat blade screwdriver to persuade the first 2 in and the rest should slide in pretty easily. then put the flat plate over all that...loctite the screws in...did that help??