been running synthetic got gummy build up

shredder

sup guys,

Right off the bat my dealer tells me to run a synthetic blend. so i ran the best he said they had to offer. Honda HP2 sythnetic blend at 40:1.after a bit a riding time i noticed all the little problems u guys have such as bogging. one cylinder stronger, making more exhaust and pressure then the other. and taking forever to kick over. every time i checked my plugs they were gunked over in black. so i replaced and had a brand new bike all over again. had the bike out maybe 3 hours of actual running time been through 3 sets of plugs. is it normal? was the synth blend a wrong choice off the bat? the engine runs very strong expected of stock machine anyways. just burns though plugs reeeeeal fast. any suggestions would be great thanks.

Shredder

i really wouldnt think the HP2 caused the gunk, i've ran it in my cr250 for a couple years and its fine ... sounds like it is prolly jetting or mebe a filthy airfilter ...... just my .02

in my banshee's i run klotz techniplate @ 40:1, i have never fouled a plug yet and it exellent wear characteristics

Edited by Wicked98Shee

I've never used the honda stuff, but I've heard it's pretty good. I'd check your filter (better yet throw it away and buy a K&N or other aftermarket). You said it runs real strong, so I'm assuming there are no bogs or flat spots in the power dellivery? Are you using the correct plugs? You said it's stock, and your dealer said to run that oil, so am I right in guessing that it's a new bike?

yeah,

Its a brand new bike they are the right plugs for sure. the air filter is spotless not even any dust on it. i also noticed today that the tips pf the silencers have the same dark stains on them aswell, its what ever is on my plugs and on top of motor around the plug holes. i had one friend of mine tell me im not running the bike hard enough for that oil to its not all burning away correctly i had another tell me i can run it alittle higher ratio then 40:1 cause im doing tight woods riding and not opening it up enough. any more input would be great though. im gonna try a basic 2 cycle oil from belray or somone next after that im stumped. :confused:

shredder

yes sir,

the plug is more brownish, almost a light brown when im at wot. im not quite sure what to do abot the jetting. im putting pyramid reed valves and paul turners on this within the next 2 weeks(when ever they arrive) and it will have to be jetted then anyways. maybe il wait til then and kill 2 birds with one stone. also yeah i do lug it at some points the trails. il work on keeping the throttle more open and possibly gearing the machine down to do so.

shredder

If you run it in the woods full time, go to a 13 thooth front sprocket. The PT mids are an excellent choice for woods riding. Hold your hand behind the right side silencer and rev it a little. See if you actually get oil to spray on your hand. The chances of haveing a bad crank seal on a new bike are pretty slim, but it bothers me that you have visible oil on the tips of your silencers.

lol this one has me thinkin hard .... i have never had anything come outta my pipes runnin hp2 at 32:1 even .... it sounds like a rightside crank seal, but i wouldnt think a new bike would have a bad seal this soon. but then i have also seen seals go bad in no time at all banghead

ok,

so i pulled out a 17 page jetting faq and trouble shooting guide i got from here like 4 years ago. i played around tried leaning it out alittle with the airscrews. then checked the plugs after giving a real good run down the street. got that famous golden brown in the center that we all look forever. however the top of the plug was still charked black and black wet builg up around the outside of the plugs. im on the right track but still a little stumped.

shredder

The air screw is only good for idle speed. Sounds to me like your top end is fine(main jet) but your needle and possibly the pilot jet need some change adjustment. I would try lowering the needle a notch and see how it goes.

I have been running synthetic oils in my RZ, RD400, Banshee and my NSR250R and never had any issues.

Good Luck!

Never used the oil you have but I know when I got my Shee from the dealer a few years ago they told me to run Yamalube at 40:1. After about 4 sets of plugs, bogging, excessive smoke and some side firing whenever it decided too I switched over to Klotz Benol and started mixing at 50:1 and havent had a problem since.