suzuki 450 race

A friend of mine just recently bought the new suzuki 450.It looks awesome.He raced one of our neighbors on a stock YFZ.The suzuki should have won right?Wrong.They raced 4 or 5 times and the suzuki lost everytime.They said the suzuki would jump him out of the hole,but the yamaha would reel him in.Just thought you guys should know.Also note,my friend with the suzuki is a good rider.

Yeah,I've been also hearing besides the race my friend was in that the new suzuki isn't the "unstoppable force" they are being played up to be.Not saying they are slow or a bad quad.Just that they,like most new quads,are really being hyped up by the magazines.I still like them though.

Yeah,I've been also hearing besides the race my friend was in that the new suzuki isn't the "unstoppable force" they are being played up to be.Not saying they are slow or a bad quad.Just that they,like most new quads,are really being hyped up by the magazines.I still like them though.

494550[/snapback]

yea they are weak...

Every new bike or quad that leave's the factory is always " the hottest ,baddest,fastest thing around" especially if ur listenin to what the factory or the pro's, and magazines! LOL they get paid to give props to the machine even if it is a rolling pile of elephant shit!

Edited by Wicked98Shee

I can see that it would jump out of the hole thanks to the fuel injection but i think that the yfz's motor is overall more high tech with 5 titanium valves. Yfzs rev incredibly fast too. THe main thing the suzuki has going for it, is the chassis, its almost 50 inches wide all ready!!. Plus comes stock with an anti vibe stem and many other racing goodies.

Suzuki designed the quad in mind for mx. I do not understand why people go around saying it can woop this, shit all over that when it was made for the track. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is the fastest thing ever built. Now on the track I would pick that over the yfz and R any day :cheers: