TWISTERS TRIPLE CYLINDER?

Guest Wicked ATV

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the reason i was wanting to go with twister is because their motor comes with pipes,carbs,ignition. Everything to make it a bolt on and go.  But would the price be better to just go with a big  T-rex or cheetah or would that 3rd cylinder make alot more difference lol.

488712[/snapback]

With your current chassis set up I would buy into a big twin and not a tripple. A tripple is fun to ride if you have a chassis that can take the power output and hangin the hell on. I had a 8mil tripple T-rex and it was a handful in a ridged chassis for the 100 yrds. My 610 cheetha is more user freindly running the 100 yards and for the time slip difference I would say spend your money on a twin.

Repair bills are costly also on a tripple vs a twin. There are too many one off parts on a tripple that you can't just run down to your local dealer and get.

If your really serious about buying a tripple then I would buy one that is complete bike ready to go not just a motor. Hope this will help.

Thanks

you know that saying...there will always be somebody faster?

keep building your twins, it keeps that quote alive!

:)

every part for a triple is off the shelf. All the way from cases to cylinders. Have i broke stuff? hell ya. why am i selling? to go bigger.

i could be wrong, but ive never seen a twin go in the 3.4's off bottle. I think there was an 18 billet twin on a big shot in a rigid that tickled a 40

Edited by Koolguyson

Guest WICKED ATV

thanks for all the info guys. i think im going to go with a big twin. probably 610 cheetah , but i did want the powervalve but they say that the 610 doesnt come powervalve? anyway going with the twin im looking at about half the price of a triple.

80overshee, your off a little on the power. On a motorcycle site I checked out awhile back they had(have regularly it seems) dyno contests. The guy that won was on a busa, turboed and it made 708hp at the RW.

I know thats going extreme but if your building a turboed busa your probably going to try an hit a homerun with it so your #'s are a little low I think.

Guest WICKED ATV

Hey does anybody have a picture of a drag banshee with a crotch rocket engine stuffed in it? I looked on ebay and there are Hayabusa complete engines for sale for 2500 to 3000 .