Very Confused...

I'm gettin a weird backfire out the left side, on anything BUT full throttle.

03 Banshee...stock bore and port, T5's v force 3's, modified airbox with twin air filter. Stock carbs with 300mains. 4 degrees advanced thanks to ricky stator. TORS eliminator.

Ever since i got the bike i had less exhaust out the one side, but when wide open, it would run great. The bike has little low end due to running on one cylinder, but when cranked open, she'll pull the wheels in 3rd gear

I installed new reeds....no change

took carbs completly appart and Swapped parts from left carb into right and right into left...no change

removed TORS...no change

I have no intake leak..ichecked with starting fluid

The slides are in sync....

New exhaust did nothing either....

compression is 130 on both sides, i even switched the spark plugs and wires....still as a low end miss/pop out the left side.

Low end is not 100%...more like 30% when i run anykid of part throttle...i can feel more exhaust on the right side...then when i open her full, she screams and the exhaust is the same!

I'm confused, any idea's guys???

Thanks

Ed

Edited by sschevy383

Is the choke crossover tube, between the carbs, in place?  :shrugani:

485072[/snapback]

Yes its is, this ones got me stumped.

could a cracked piston give good compression, but have problems when running??

i'm going to pull the back carb boots off...and place my hand over the carb to see if its sucking...who knows....

Well its fixed, now idea what it was.  Pulled eveyrthing appart again, cleaned with carb cleaner and compressed air.  Now shes fine!

Thanks guys

485362[/snapback]

it was probably a plugged pilot jet, next time checkyour jettings when you clean the carbs, cause sometimes it will get lodged in there and you have to poke it out with something like a twisty tie.