best mods to improve low-mid power for mx

It's all about the pipes.....I'd recommend LRD's if you can find them, pretty much wont find a better mx pipe.

higher compression, dual stage reeds or vforce's is a biggy, a little bit of porting and some timing will go a long way.

thanks for the replies so far. I have been looking at the 404 Big Bore sleeve kit at Vito's Performance at http://www.vitosperformance.net/BANSHEE.HT...%20SLEEVE%20KIT for $469.95

would this be good for me or can you recommend anything else?

481603[/snapback]

That's A LOT more motor than you really need for MX. You need a PORT JOB! Plain and simple. You're other option would be finding some RZ350 jugs but that might be too much trouble than it's worth for what you want. Search the forum for "MX port" and you should come up with days worth of reading. Find a reputable builder and go from there. A 4mm portjob on stock cylinders would be plenty of motor for MX. Suspension is what I would be worried about...

That's A LOT more motor than you really need for MX. You need a PORT JOB! Plain and simple. You're other option would be finding some RZ350 jugs but that might be too much trouble than it's worth for what you want. Search the forum for "MX port" and you should come up with days worth of reading. Find a reputable builder and go from there. A 4mm portjob on stock cylinders would be plenty of motor for MX. Suspension is what I would be worried about...

481721[/snapback]

I agree on the RZ jugs. My motor is an RZ based plant, 4 mil crank, 12 port grinding and head cut for 110 octane. V-force reeds, 30mm carbs and a set of Rocket pipes. I was running PTR mids which ran the same down low on these jugs and the Rockets really let it rev high.

I ride trails all day long in 3rd gear. I rarely shift and it pulls hard as hell from idle up.

Your gonna want a good set of rear tires too, you can have all the power in the world but if you cant hook up its useless power, shorten up that swingarm, it can be done by yourself do a search, 18's on the back for quick acceleration, no reason to run big tires

building an mx banshee gets really expensive, trust me i built a budget one and its not much of a budget once you get into it, thousands of dollars to make it competitive