Riding Mx

TTG-Shee14

Im 17 years old and i want to start racing my banshee. I need help on what mods i should get etc. Also if someone in SoCal help me find a good plac to ride that would be nice cause there isnt to many tracks in my area. Zip code 92040 lakeside california. Thx for your help

Dan

I have my shee set up for XC and Desert. You can see my sig below. For MX I would go with everything I got, minus the tank. And I have a stock swing, most MX'rs shorten theirs to a -1 or -2. Also, run lower gearing, as MX doesnt have straights that last more than a few seconds.

:cheers:

First thing First. Suspension.

I have my shee set up for XC and Desert.  You can see my sig below.  For MX I would go with everything I got, minus the tank.  And I have a stock swing, most MX'rs shorten theirs to a -1 or -2.  Also, run lower gearing, as MX doesnt have straights that last more than a few seconds.

:cheers:

First thing First.  Suspension.

479803[/snapback]

I actually prefer a 15/41 or a 15/38... Less shifting and 2nd/3rd gear pull forever...

mike

Try Glen Helen on a Thursday or Saturday practice. but you better be able to ride because there are tons of fast bikes out there and most dont take too kindly to squidly quad riders. Not that you are one, but be prepared. Great track though. One thing to look into are private track rental days. my favorite is LACR in Palmdale. Get 10-20 of your riding buddies to chip in about $500-600 total and you have the track for the day. Perfectly groomed and not crowded.

Taller gearing will be the key in keeping your arms from turning into rocks and allow you to hook up better.

I actually prefer a 15/41 or a 15/38... Less shifting and 2nd/3rd gear pull forever...

mike

479844[/snapback]

Im glad you guys chimed in on that. I should be getting my 15 tooth any day now. I wasnt sure if I should run it in my first race this weekend or not. but you guys just made up my mind. Im gonna run it in practice and see how shee does.

Im glad you guys chimed in on that.  I should be getting my 15 tooth any day now.  I wasnt sure if I should run it in my first race this weekend or not.  but you guys just made up my mind.  Im gonna run it in practice and see how shee does.

482840[/snapback]

Hell if you got the power try a 16t... the taller the gearing the easier it is to ride a 'shee around a track..... I think a 17 would be too much... 16/39 is as far as I would take it... With my -2.5 swingarm, 15/41 gears, pipes/reeds/165psi I could drop it in 2nd with the front tires lofting about 6''.... People don't know what to think when a 'shee grabs traction...

Mike

id go a 15 if you have pipes and a 17 if your ported ............with 20's for the outdoor cali tracks, palmdale is nice so is adelanto glenn helen victorville and barstow all of those tracks are desert, there going to be loose and bumpy if your lucky they got squirted with a little water last week, the taller you gear your bike the faster it will go and the better it will hook, a 13 is for climbing sand hills, not racing mx, the more you spinn the slower you'll go, and you'll have to shortin your swingarm too or the four strokes will hook and blow past you..........