garage - concrete floor sealer?

nater006

Hey - building a house right now! (hence the reason I haven't been on in forever..) We're going to do a lot of the finish work ourselves. I want to get some sort of good coating on the garage floor (will be bare concrete) - something that will deal with oil, antifreeze, trans fluid, brake fluid, dirt, muck, grease, etc. Something that is able to just be degreased and hosed down from time to time, easy to clean and maintain.

Thoughts? I had just looked at epoxy coatings, like the Seal-Krete stuff they sell at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Not sure how that will hold up in the long run.

anyway thanks for any advice!

Epoxy is the way to go, see if you can find some from an industrial wholesaler.

There is also a product that is 3 step with a base coat, then you add this kinda sparkaly flek stuff or you can lay down vynil stickers, and then a clear top coat.

Can't remember the brand name, I've seen it on horsepower TV and it looked way cool when it was done.

Google it and you will find.

Ah, good to hear. What kind of prep did you do? I see it recommends using some concrete etch stuff to prep it.

477015[/snapback]

muriatic acid & water

Epoxy is the way to go, see if you can find some from an industrial wholesaler.

There is also a product that is 3 step with a base coat, then you add this kinda sparkaly flek stuff or you can lay down vynil stickers, and then a clear top coat.

Can't remember the brand name, I've seen it on horsepower TV and it looked way cool when it was done.

Google it and you will find.

477016[/snapback]

my bud did that to his garage had a company come and do it stuff rocks :headbang: they offer a bunch of diff color combinations with flakes ill see if i can find the company name

Hey - building a house right now! (hence the reason I haven't been on in forever..) We're going to do a lot of the finish work ourselves. I want to get some sort of good coating on the garage floor (will be bare concrete) - something that will deal with oil, antifreeze, trans fluid, brake fluid, dirt, muck, grease, etc. Something that is able to just be degreased and hosed down from time to time, easy to clean and maintain.

Thoughts?  I had just looked at epoxy coatings, like the Seal-Krete stuff they sell at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Not sure how that will hold up in the long run.

anyway thanks for any advice!

477009[/snapback]

i helped my neighbor do a expoxy floor and he added a silver flake to it lol ,his floor is preety nice

go to a paint shop and look for stuff called shark grit or shark bite (cant remember) but its an additive you throw in with whatever you use to coat the floor. it gives a permanent gritty texture for safety etc.

ever seen fire escape stairwells in hotels and such that are all painted concrete uncarpeted, thats the stuff they put in the paint on them. stuff works awesome!