numara pistons

adrenilinjunki

i just put my shee back together with numara pistons i was just wondering if anyone has used them befor the seem decent the have ceramic coted top with teflon coted skirts and larger ports than stock look beter than the weisco ones i used last time actually. just wondering if any one else used them and how the performed.

NOPE. THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE THOUGH. I BELEIVE THEY ARE CAST LIKE STOCKERS . THEY USED TO MAKE A SET LIKE THE VITO SUPER STOCKS ONLY CAST INSTEAD OF FORGED. I NEVER CAME ACROSS ANYONE THAT HAS RUN THEM. WHEN IT COMES TO PISTONS WEISCO FOR FORGED OR PRO X FOR CAST. I WOULD NOT TAKE THE CHANCE WITH ANYTHING ELSE. :bolt: KEEP US INFORMED WEATHER YOU DIG THEM OR NOT

Edited by brilei5

Hello,

I experimented with them about 5 years ago. They're a copy-cat version of Vito's super stock pistons. The only difference is they are cast.

The Namura pistons turned out to be a total BUST. Literally! One customer of mine tried them and the exhaust port side broke off and ruined his top-end.

I ran them in two different bikes and within a few days the intake bridges were cracked.

They might be "okay" on a bone stock engine, but I wouldn't take any chances.

BG

ok ill keep that in mind just for the purposs of testing ill take and pull the cylinders after i run it acouple times i have an extra gasket set any way it ran fine when i started it up the other day

• 3 weeks later...

i have been runnin them in my 2 banshees for 2 years now.both engines are ported and piped.i have had no problems with them. its all in who does a good bore job and making sure your rings and pistons are fitted properly.like i said 2 years and no problems.i have not even seen a drop in compression readings yet.but i dont hold my shee wide open for 30 seconds at a time either.but i do run em hard.i do all trail riding.so for drag racing in the dunes or runnin wide open all the time,i cant give any feedback there.

• 3 years later...

i have been runnin them in my 2 banshees for 2 years now.both engines are ported and piped.i have had no problems with them. its all in who does a good bore job and making sure your rings and pistons are fitted properly.like i said 2 years and no problems.i have not even seen a drop in compression readings yet.but i dont hold my shee wide open for 30 seconds at a time either.but i do run em hard.i do all trail riding.so for drag racing in the dunes or runnin wide open all the time,i cant give any feedback there.

i have one in my cr 250. its been in there for about 2 years. so far no problems but the bike doesn't get ridden a whole lot .

i have blown a lo of skirts of off PRO x pistons. wont ue them again..

only other rpiston i have much experience with are vertex. and heck they might be numura's. or ART's or whatever's lying around the shop floor at the time.

i just put my shee back together with numara pistons i was just wondering if anyone has used them befor the seem decent the have ceramic coted top with teflon coted skirts and larger ports than stock look beter than the weisco ones i used last time actually. just wondering if any one else used them and how the performed.

What size where the wiseco's you took out, and what size are the namura's that you put back in?