Hea modification what? which one? OR somthing else

banshee#1

hey i have a banshee with a few upgrades

t5's jet, air filter no lid

v-force reeds

CV 2 in 1 carb kit 33mmpwk

prolite pistons

and i was looking for some more power i do not want to port it i do not want to send my enige out i dont have the time, i would like some more power would a cool head or power head help? timing plate too? how much would it effect it and how many cc domes ? thanks i dont have a price range but dont wanna get crazy like cheeta kit or nething i ride on snow in the street. trails, jumps, dirt some sand basically just fukin around

Most people will suggest a timing plate since keys can shear. Granted I ran a degree key for 2 years without a problem but when I rebuilt my engine I swapped over to a ricky stator plate. Most people don't ever adjust em after the first tuning, but its nice for the peace of mind. Besides, its only $35.

Either advancing the timing or raising the compression is a good mod, but you can only go so far. What that limit is depends on your elevation and whether or not you want to run race gas. At sea level, you'd prolly be best not going over 22cc domes and +4 advance. Higher elevations can handle smaller domes. If you don't wanna drop a couple hundy on a head, you can get your stock head shaved for under $50. Just don't go over 30 thousandths or you'll run into squish problems. Only drawback to that is you don't get the additional cooling and you can't change domes. On the otherhand, your engine will look more stock so you get that sleeper effect.

:cheers: shaving head is smart money choice .....21cc domes is very nice your compressin will jump up 20 to 40 pounds that is huge besides pipes icool heads are the next best up grade it makes a bigger difference than pipes but all banshees need em .....i dont have experience in timing plates but ive talked to walrat in chat room and he seems to no something about it ......shaving the head will jump compression up ttoo....where you could play with your compression is call cometic gasket company and get some copper gaskets made you can re use them and you can get them cut in different thiicknesses so you would be able to change them for different apps. .....cost about 10 bucks a piece........ :headbang:

My set up is T-6 pipe's, Pro-design A/Box plate, K&N filter w/sock, Chopped up A/box, NOSS head w/ 19cc domes, Pro-design timing plate adv +3, V-Force 3's, TORS eliminate kit, Motion Pro Twist, Taped mid CR bend bar's, 50/50 mix on fuel, 91 Oct w/ AV Gas, YamaLube R 32:1, Gearing 14/42...

Later,

Olie

Edited by AZ Olie