removing tors yourself...

iceman

The kit itself is easy to install, although I would recommend access to a drill press for drilling the idle screw bosses. However, you will need the idle screws, as well as new carb tops and cable. Now, I believe you can unplug the TORS "brain" initially without removing the tops or installing the idle screws. It is basically on the opposite side of the frame from the ignition coil. You'll see a triangular black plug. I believe by just doing this it will disable the TORS and you can pick up the kit later.

Give ya a tip for drilling the carb. Put a short piece of fuel line over your drill bit and use it as a stop. The rubber hose will touch the carb before the drillbit bottoms out as you dont want to go to far and have the drill bit touch the other side of the carb bore. :(

We have the kits and i will drill and tap them for free if you buy the kit!!! :cheers:

thanks for the replies. i thought there was a way to do it with the stock caps. maybe i thought wrong. anyways. im thinking about getting some used keheins with some pod filters cause i just removed my airbox. if i could find some for under 100 bucks id probably buy them. if i cant find any i guess ill just get the kit. thanks guys.