wont start

woodro77

putting my project shee back together and it wont start. the motor was rebuilt , rode 1 day , the kid crashed broke his leg , it sat for a year , i bought ,took it apart painted and cleaned every thing and put it back together. tryed to start but wont.took carbs apart cleaned jets and every thing put back in but nothing .it has spark , if i put a little gas in spark holes it starts rite up , when i take the carbs apart the bowls are filled with fuel , i clean all jets and carbs ,blown out with compresser. help

im in the same boat! bought shee $500 ,cracked frame. repaired it, put it back together. now having trouble starting.wouldn't crank at all with air box lid off, now it's flooding it with gas. it will start for a second and then flood out.

whatch my post maybe we can help each other on this .(maybe reeds)

putting my project shee back together and it wont start. the motor was rebuilt , rode 1 day , the kid crashed broke his leg , it sat for a year , i bought  ,took it apart painted and cleaned every thing and put it back together. tryed to start but wont.took carbs apart cleaned jets and every thing put back in but nothing  .it has spark , if i put a little gas in spark holes it starts rite up , when i take the carbs apart the bowls are filled with fuel , i clean all jets and carbs ,blown out with compresser.        help

470508[/snapback]

If it starts when you put gas in the cylinders,and you have gas in the bowls. I would say your problem is the carbs. there pluged not letting the gas get to the engine.

:bolt:

If it starts when you put gas in the cylinders,and you have gas in the bowls. I would say your problem is the carbs. there pluged not letting the gas get to the engine.

:bolt:

470565[/snapback]

cleaned the carb all the jets when i blow out with air compresser ever thing is clean and working

mods are just a pipe , dont know jetting think 240 main. live in ny sea level , as i said quad ran fine until crashed and sat for year, in the crash all that was broken was key switch and ground wire . top end has 1 ride on it, when i put gas strait into cylinders it starts for a second or two ,till it burns up i guess . cant figure it out , please help want to ride :cry:banghead

mods are just a  pipe , dont know jetting think 240 main.  live in ny sea level , as i said quad ran fine until crashed and sat for year, in  the crash all that was broken was key switch and ground wire . top end has 1 ride on it,      when i put gas strait into cylinders it starts for a second or two ,till it burns up i guess .    cant figure it out ,    please help want to ride  :cry:  banghead

470863[/snapback]

I still say your carbs are the problem, if they have gas in the bowls and it won't stay running after you put gas in the cylinders except for 2 seconds, the passages are plugged, or you have a big ass air leak.

whats your compression, no compression, no vacuum, won't pull any fuel?

I still say your carbs are the problem, if they have gas in the bowls and it won't stay running after you put gas in the cylinders except for 2 seconds, the passages are plugged, or you have a big ass air leak.

whats your compression, no compression, no vacuum, won't pull any fuel?

470904[/snapback]

compression good it brand new top end