krylon fusion

400rednEX

It works heres the proof. 8 desert trips and washed afterwards everytime. No chipping or flaking! Its all in the prep work. Clean plastics good and use a light sand paper. No primer needed! I did two coats.  Four cans bottom and top. Id rather spend a little money and not worry about scratches then alot of money and shit a brick the first time I scratch it! My ride has seen everything from the colorado rockies to texas cow shit and of course the glamis desert. It works. I also did my stator cover and havent had any problems yet.

471699[/snapback]

looks good. is that 4 cans to do the bottom and top, 2 coats?

Ah, screw the naysayers. Fusion has flex agents in it, it does not flake off at all. I painted another spray can lid with it, waited until it dried. I twisted and bent that thing until it touched itself. The paint won't flake. Now it is soft, and will scratch/dent fairly easily, but not that bad. And car wax will take any scratches out perfectly. Now it isn't chemical resistant, so gas and cleaners will eat it away. But Id say overall its fairly durable. Ive had my radiator shroud painted for awhile now, and it still looks great when I clean the dirt off.

If you've got the money to waste on plastics, then by all means do it. But fusion will hold up fine. And all it takes to fix any problems is a few minutes with a spray can.

i painted mine a couple years ago with fusion it looked good for a while then started to chip up front near the mounting bolts . the second time i did it black and red looked real good but i didnt let the gas tank plastic dry long enough and spilt some gas on it so much for that pant job third and final time this last january i discoverd the yellow sucks it keep cracking as it dried so i striped it all down and went with just black i primed it because i found it looked alot beter and clear coted the piss out of it shines nice but this is the last time i paint ill have new plastic this summer

I've used fusion twice now, looked great each time and it also held up good too. I prepped the plastic with some really light sand paper then i cleaned the plastic, next i coated the plastic with some adhesion promoter from o'reilly's and sprayed on two coats fusion. looked great. i'm sticking with it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

just got done paintig mine with krylon looks good.sanded with 320 then with 600 grit.its important to try not and miss any thing when sanding cause you will notice when painting little spots that paint dont want to stick be patient let it dry re sand area if this happends and you will be fine.also after all sanding was done i sprayed with windex and dried off with paper towl.

do they make a fusion clear coat. I just picked up some red and black but I couldnt find clear, they had textured metallic fusion and hammer tone fusion along with satins but no damn clear. Also do you have to use a wax and grease remover or does something like thinger or mineral spirits or something work. Im gonna go the whole sand the piss out of it route but I want to make sure that no wd-40 or amorall that may have been put on the plastics previously comes out and fish eyes the paint really bad

most of the automotive paint stores's are capable of puttin high end automotive paint in a spray bomb for ya ... we tryed some automotive bumper paint by sikens and lol it lasted a couple years .. but the fusion will come right off the rear fenders if ya get ur boots or ass on em much.

Edited by Wicked98Shee

so thats whats happening I just thought my bike was a gas hog,,,lol maybe its just jetting but then again the bitch screams and doesnt foul plugs so why mess with a good thing. Anyhoo Im gonna fusion it and Ill let you know how it works out, I cant wait to start sanding my hands into retirement tomorrow