not good!

jjfizzle51

hey all i was riding my bike on the street and all off a sudden i hear a loud backfire and it sounded wierd now it feels weak on top. when i got it home i just looked it over and smoke was coming out of the clutch case. this is my first 2 stroke and i have barley any mechanical skills so even if i went down in there i wouldnt know what is wrong.

so do you guys have any idea what i did

thanks for any help

If i were u id drain all of it and when u check the oil take a little on ur fingers and rub them together look for little metal flakes if none then ur in the clear for major probs

hey dont put that 85/90 in there ....it comes with just 10/30 motor oil in them...if you run in the cold weather run auto trans fluid .....or just the 10/30 because thats what they come with,,,DONT put the 85/90 in ...it sounds like something in your motor or intake system your trouble ...

Edited by Fasttoy

hey dont put that 85/90 in there ....it comes with just 10/30 motor oil in them...if you run in the cold weather run auto trans fluid .....or just the 10/30 because thats what they come with,,,DONT put the 85/90 in ...it sounds like something in your motor or intake system your trouble ...

469692[/snapback]

Dude ! I run 80 weight gear oil year around and its cold as hell here and I aint never had probs :confused:

ur reeds arent that hard to check and while ur in there id just replace them with sum boyessen there pretty cheap and u can use ur old cages just plop out ur carbs were the rubber boot is on the side closest to the engine thers 4 allens holding it on and ur reeds r right there

what are more symptoms of this ? cause i have no clue and i dont want to tear the bike apart till i know exactly what im doing

469761[/snapback]

if you have a broken reed it will be hard to start,push gas back through the carb to the filter. it could of backfired because it was overheated. was smoke coming from the clutch cover or just the clutch side of the engine?antifreeze on a hot engine will smoke