FMF fatty vs. Pro circuit

Fox_Racing

I prefer PC on trails and hill climbs.PTs fall off too quick,same with fmfs.The PC is strong in the powerband and over rev is abundent.I despise pipes that fall off like midrange pipes.To me there dangerous on hills.Momentum is the key to hillclimbs,the more,the better.The PC is right behind the T-5 in my book.Great pipe if you have a little extra comp.

Now on an mx track,I'll take a PT or fatty any day,especially on tighter courses with short run ups.Everyone has a different riding style,therefore no one can tell you what the best pipe will be.

468469[/snapback]

The hill climbs that you do are not the same as the sand pit hill climbs...we are only climbing 100' hills or less w/ only 30' of runway, the pc pipes are useless in that short of a distance, they will just blaze the tires and go nowhere. The pt's will pull hard off the line and continue to climb up the hill, increasing speed, where the pc pipes will slow down as the climb since the peak was already there from the start w/ no more to climb to..... For large hills like the dunes, or ski slopes where you have plenty of take off and let momentum carry you over, the pc's will be fine and will work great, but sand pits are just too on/off throttle especially when the whole hill is washed out. Your not just in it for momentum, you have to throttle on/off all the way up hitting jumps up hill, then the wall at the top....so he can enjoy the pt's in the sand pits w/ a great advantage of LOW end power, then enjoy them even more in the trails, where the pc pipes really suck....or you can be like others and just clutch the hell out of it.

Have you researched DMC pipes and silencers yet? Their 916 setup is ultra-trick looking and comes with the proper jetting and very clear instructions on how to install and jet. The best thing about the 916 is that it flows a 2-into-1 setup with a single oval can that mounts directly under your taillight. The price isn't too bad either, you can get the whole setup for $497 if you look hard enough.

I have the PC's and I like em. I ride real tight trails here in PA and don't have to clutch mine very often, I usually am trying to keep up with the crazy people on the 450s we ride with. I climb 150' hills that are flippin steep with a 5' runway,just dump it in 2nd and pray that the powerband hits 1/3 of the way up.

469880[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I'm saying.....just pray the powerband kicks in....thats pc for you. NO LOW END.

i got loads more low end then i ever had with PC's ... and all the way threw the powerband. top end & mid are much more wild then bottom end but there is a good gain for sure. i ride tight trails, open pits and dirt roads and run 100-150' gravel faces that are VERY steep and have like a 15-20' runoff ... n/p for me ! i liked them much more better then my buddies FMF Gnarlys thats for sure. :headbang:

Edited by greg_banshee
  • Like 1

IM sorry guys ! you all can say pc's aint got no bottom but they do ! I've never been able to get out west and ride in the sand but we got some big ass hills here and lots of em aint got much of a run way ! My pc's aint never givin me any prob's commmin outa the top !! And they're easy as shit to keep clean and rust free !!I say pc's !! :headbang:

Edited by crazywheelerman365

• 6 years later...

PRO CIRCUITS are #1 pipes for low and mid power. You will not regret buying them. Get the 296 silceners with the spark arrestors built in. :headbang:

Did ya happen to notice this thread was 5 years old? I'm thinking dude probably already decide what pipes he wants. Haha

Did ya happen to notice this thread was 5 years old? I'm thinking dude probably already decide what pipes he wants. Haha

:rotflmao: im sure he has. fmfs arent that bad i like em. yea i know i have them so of course i like em! lol. they are both good trail pipes, never had a prob with mine. finish looks good and has never rusted. my buddy has procircuits on his and they are nice too. im looking for more mid and top end so i think im going to go with sb shearer inframes for my 4 mil dune port. suggestions are appreciated. sniper pipes seem cool not sure if it would go good with my setup though....

Who gives a shit how long the powerband pulls for when the hills in a sand pits are only 100' tall!!!! He didn't ask for a drag shee or how much hp it can make. He wanted a great pipe for sand pits and trails, so where does a pc pipe in trails come into play??? Who needs high revs, when you can have low end torque? You know, the kind of power you need for sand pits and trails!!!!!!

im pretty sure when he said "longest" he meant a broad powerband!! ive been riding for a long time, mostly trails and hills... and for that type of riding you want a pipe that has the "longest" or broad powerband!! i never had pro circuts or fmfs but know people who due and they love them both.. i run t5s as of now and i like them, but i think ill be going to some shearers to complement my new little 4 mil!