yamaha dealers

sheecandy

your still better goin to honda and getting them...if u order from parts unlimited u get five of the same size

463539[/snapback]

Hah, my local dealer sells Honda too, but you still only get jets in packs of four, unless you happen to need a size they have, which never happens. My dealership sucks though. I buy oil from them, thats it.

my yama dealer stocks keihen jets i just thought it was a funny reply :rolleyes:

463549[/snapback]

I went to my dealer to get bigger pilots for stock carbs once. They sold me pilots for after market Kehin carbs.

I actually had to go back twice with the stock pilot in my hand and practically grab the guys head and shove it down to the parts counter to get him to see the difference.

Buying shit online kicks ass. :cheers:

i went to my yama dealer the other day and told the parts guy i need 160 main jets for my 35mm keihen carbs on my shee and he said why would you get 160 if 200 is stock :whoa:  how about you guys

463519[/snapback]

Just another retarded parts person at a yamaha dealership. Their seems to be more and more of them every day.

you should of said " 200 is the main on a stock banshee carb jackass....can you please get me a parts person that doesnt get manicures.....if you have one"

I went to my local Suzuki dealer last year to get the parts to replace my streetbike's chain and sprockets.

The kid behind the parts counter:

a. Didn't know what a chain breaker was.

b. Didn't know that streetbikes come from the factory with a continuous chain.

c. Couldn't help me convert my oddball-size factory stock setup to a common size (532 to 530).

d. After I looked up everything for him, he tried to sell me a non O-ring master link for my O-ring chain. When I called him on that, he told me to just use the O-rings off my old master link! Duh, I didn't have an old master link, remember? Even if I did, that wouldn't work anyway, since the link wouldn't fit.

After I got all the information I needed, I went home and ordered everything from Dennis Kirk.

And dealerships wonder why they can't compete with the online vendors?

i have had the same experiance and would like to say that its probaly because the dealer is too cheap to hire a good partsman. they hire kids for 6 bucks a hr and throw them behind the counter with no training and say theres the books parts are in the back get after it.im sure anyone would agree if you find a parts guy that knows his shit he is very helpfull but you get what you pay for.

funniest thing i have yet to hear at my local dealership was when some guy asked if he should get a slip on or a bolt on for his streetbike. Cant forget the time i was there looking at a banshee(before i bought mine) and a salesman tried to intrest me in a 400ex saying "you can modify the 400 way more than a banshee".