alpine stars tech 4's

MILO

i'm looking to get some riding boots for this spring/summer. more around the price range of $200 and under. anyone have experience with the tech 4's, or suggest a comparible boot? kind of like the thor t-30's too. i definitely want the atv soles also. thanks.

Edited by MILO

I have Tech 4's also and like them very much. The vectors are better IMO but a little more. Gaerne SG1 has a boot around $230 that I like better then the tech 4 but out of all the boots I have worn I like the vectors the best for ATV, nice and flexible.

But for the price range tech 4's are the best, I have no complaints

:cheers:

Didn't like them at all, went to the fox forma pros an absoluley love them.

I've found that all boot manufacturors fit differantly, my suggestion would be to go try some on first, thats how I found my forma's and they feel like them were custom made for me!

sounds like it's narrowed down to tech 4's or forma pro's...only a few of the shops around here stock boots and they have very limited selection. gonna try to scout around a little tomorrow for them. at least now i have a little more direction of what to go with. thanks for the input fellas B)

I have Tech 6s and love them. Way better than 4s and not as stiff as 8s. You can find them for 209-219 online.

464034[/snapback]

well i went to the only shop that carries them, and looked at the thor's, forma pro's and t6's, they didn't have any t4's. the t6's were definitely more comfortable for me than the forma pro's, and seemed to have a better buckle system. they just seemed to work a little easier on the t6's. a bit more than i wanted to spend, but after trying on other boots the same price range as the t4's, there was definitely a big difference in fit and feel. the dude i was dealing with said that would be the case with the t4's as well. so... i think i'm gonna spring for the t6's. :clap: sounds like you can't go wrong with alpinestars, and at least i'll be upgrading from my original plan and getting better boots.

Thanks for all the input guys :cheers: it really helped me narrow things down and find what's right for me. by the way, the shops price was $240, which seems reasonably fair compared to anywhere else i've found. B)

Edited by MILO

the t-6 are nicer but you asked about the low end boots.

If your going up to the 240 ish range go try on the Alpinestar Vector's. I liked them better then the t-6 and you can get them on ebay for around 220 new. I only got the t-4 because I got a close out deal of 99 for them, else the vectors would of been my choice :headbang:

:cheers:

I think i shift better and faster with my shoes.  :shrugani:

464365[/snapback]

i don't doubt that one bit. just sitting on my shee with them on i can tell i'm gonna need to move the shifter up a few notches. going to take some getting used to, i'm sure. but i think it will be worth it. B)

but i think it will be worth it.  B)

464523[/snapback]

Definately worth it. When I busted my swinger last year I messed my ankle up pretty bad luckily not broken but sprained something fierce. I decided I wasn't doing that again and bought some Tech 6's and am very satisfied. I didn't like the booties in the other Alpinestars so that's why I got the 6's.

Definately worth it. When I busted my swinger last year I messed my ankle up pretty bad luckily not broken but sprained something fierce. I decided I wasn't doing that again and bought some Tech 6's and am very satisfied. I didn't like the booties in the other Alpinestars so that's why I got the 6's.

464545[/snapback]

yeah, i've had an ankle broken, sprained twice, and several twists that i didn't even go to the dr for. too much time in casts and braces!! :flush: that's a big reason why i wanted a pair of actual riding boots, not just my old work boots. i'm with ya on the booties in the other ones also, i think they were in the t8's that the sales guy tried to push on me. i definitely didn't want to go into that price range, and didn't like them anyway. B)