CLUTCH QUESTION

Heres my situation. i have t5s w/jets, v3s , vito +4 key and i just added a cool head with 18cc domes and now running 110 oct. since i added the cool head with the domes my stock clutch is slipping bad! so i ordered a trinity clutch. now my question is.. is it a smart idea to replace the basket as well. or not. and if so which one? thanx skin.

Well if you paid Trinity price on your clutch, I recon a Hinson baskets price won't be an issue. I get one of those, they are tried tested and true. ;) Next time get a FAST Racing clutch. It's the same as the Trinity but 30 dollars cheaper. ;)

Well if you paid Trinity price on your clutch, I recon a Hinson baskets price won't be an issue. I get one of those, they are tried tested and true.  ;)  Next time get a FAST Racing clutch. It's the same as the Trinity but 30 dollars cheaper.  ;)

462318[/snapback]

I agree 100%...Also think about replacing the inner hub and pressure plate.It's like $50 for both give or take....

i'd replace the basket, p-plate, and hub as well. if $$ is an issue, at least replace them with new stock ones. look closely at the old ones for stress cracks, grooves in the basket fingers, etc. i'd hate to have the clutch components let loose from the extra stress from other mods. B)

Edited by MILO

replace all clutch parts at the same time. you will feel a difference...FAST carries them all..

462385[/snapback]

Word! Loco , you gotta any free time? I need a another parts guy! jk LOL

• 1 month later...
no clutch problems here i run an NMotion 9disc that pulls lighter than a stock R6 street bike but will hold up to 120HP without slipping.

If there was one mod i would do to a new bike it would be this 9disc clutch.

462365[/snapback]

who is fast

who is fast

484109[/snapback]

That would be me!

I wouldnt replace the basket. Just use the clutch that FAST sells with stiffer springs. There is no need to replace the basket unless it is damaged. When you take off the clutch basket while replacing the clutch grab the gear with one hand and the basket with the other and see if you can unscrew them. If you can then you will need a new basket. If not then dont waste your money(yet)

May want to try Toomey clutch springs if you don't have luck w/the trinity setup. They are about as colse to a lockup as you can get and still be able to actually pull the clutch lever.

I would also be worried about the crank if you haven't already had it welded. W/that much compression and timing advance, you are pushing the limits.