any union ironworkers here?

ironhead

I'm not an ironworker but I walk the iron a couple times a week on service calls, doing on-site repairs of inverters, innershield feeders and all makes and models of arc welding

and studwelding equipment and generators. You guys keep me busy. I've walked the iron (well decking anyway, I try to stay off of the beams :) ) on bridges, stadium jobs, powerplants, refineries...you name it. While your on one jobsite for a couple months I might see 50 of them. Thats the best part about my job, every day is different. Oh, I service a lot of fab shops too. :cheers:

Seems like hard times for you union guys. Uaw got a little greedy, now they are currently in the process of a huge smackdown by Ford and GM.

448024[/snapback]

well this has been a great year for me,up to yesterday. LAYED OFF! hopefully it will pick back up soon! its all part of the buissnes though, fuck it time to party! :cheers:

I am an electrician here in Houston Tx and work for a indipendant shop. The I.B.E.W here stands for I'm  Broke  Every  Week. all of the guys that I know that work or have worked for the union are alway out of work and layed off

449237[/snapback]

-I Block Every Walkway

-I'm broke every wednesday

Thats all I can think of right now, but theres plenty more. Also, "We do it nice 'cuz we do it twice"

BTW, IBEW Local 380 here :cheers:

Another union electrician here (seems to be a lot of us). IBEW Local 76 Tacoma, Wa.

I'm

Broke

Every

Winter

Not this winter though as I've been with the same shop for 2 .5 years now. Very thankful for that because work as a whole is very slow right now. :shrugani: