Chain & sprockets Question ! HELP !

milo_32000

Milo, everyone has their own opinions on chains/sprockets, so might as well give you mine. I normally use a renthal front sprocket $15-20, steel sprocket on rear (here's where opininons are different, along with chain choices) not brand specific$16-20, and DID x-ring $60-80. Prices vary depending on where you order from. I just ordered this from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $90 plus shipping. You can get cheaper "kits" from Rocky, Vito's, and other places. Just don't scimp on the chain, will only cost you more in the long run.

deffinatley go with an "ATV X-ring" chain, there beefyer than the street bike ones, and just use the inexpensive sprokets/gears from rockymountian atv until you get you gearing diled in the way you want to keep it, then spend the money on some tri-moly, or sidewinder or whatever.

You can get a primary drive o-ring chain and sprockets from RMatv for well under $80 shipped. I have the gold coated primary drive o-ring chain right now and I think it is a quality chain. It has stretched very little so far and is very easy to clean due to the gold coating. Doesn't rust with the salty ocean air and beach riding and the OR dunes.