whats my hp going to be

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say it depends on who ported your cylinders.

for a "drag port" those numbers arent the best. you have small carbs some 33 would probably help.

saw some dune port 350 make 70hp.

but it did make some good torque. 38 is a good number for a 350.

champ and reded could tell you about a guy that thought his stuff was going to be super high and wasnt so.

who did port them ??

:headbang: those are good numbers with the mods you have.i don't think you are going to notice as much horsepower increase with changing carbs as you will torque change.like i said before ,stroke it 4 mils and try it again.if ya can i'd jump up to 33mm pwk carbs or maybe 35mm carbs.i bet then you see 68-70 hp .alot of guys make the mistake thinking bigger carbs mean more hp but that is not true in most cases.in most cases people are way over carbed.

Here is my chart, my mods are in my sig and aren't a hole lot differant that yours. I would go with bigger carbs? Also, are you sure you need to run straight 110 fuel? The higher the octane, the slower it burns and you can accually lose power if the octane is a lot higher than you need. If your compression ratio isn't crazy high, I would mix it 50/50 with premium pump gas, that's what I do.

Edited by 8buck

ya ,im really happy w/the way it runs, i like the low end torque,pulls hard thru the gears,when i rode my buddys,he has 75.3 hp & 36.6ft-lbs& mine felt just as strong,maybe its the torque im feeling, maybe next winter try a 4m cub.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

444581[/snapback]

Jeff just out of curiosity did you measure your port timings on the cylinders that you got I wonder if maybe they were for a stroker or something. I doubt they were because it wouldnt run at all but just curious.

Did lonnie help tune it for you or do any timing changes or plug or plug wire changes or anything. The reason i ask is that he seems to help his port jobs see better numbers and run better, since I know the 75.3 your talking about. When I put mine on the dyno the first time I picked up 7 hp from a jetting change and another 3 from a plug wire change.

Jeff just out of curiosity did you measure your port timings on the cylinders that you got I wonder if maybe they were for a stroker or something.  I doubt they were because it wouldnt run at all but just curious. 

Did lonnie help tune it for you or do any timing changes or plug or plug wire changes or anything.  The reason i ask is that he seems to help his port jobs see better numbers and run better, since I know the 75.3 your talking about.  When I put mine on the dyno the first time I picked up 7 hp from a jetting change and another 3 from a plug wire change.

444947[/snapback]

the few things we did was drop 2 jet sizes from 152 mains to 148,put new plugs and ngk plug boots on.gained maybe .5 hp ,pilot stayed the same 48's

i would say it depends on who ported your cylinders. 

for a "drag port" those numbers arent the best.  you have small carbs some 33 would probably help.

saw some dune port 350 make 70hp. 

but it did make some good torque. 38 is a good number for a 350. 

champ and reded could tell you about a guy that thought his stuff was going to be super high and wasnt so.

who did port them ??

444651[/snapback]

dont know was a ebay special!.