Best Pistons

fabricated

I know that genuine yamaha pistons are the ones to find but they are just too expensive.  Other then those what would be a really good set of pistons. I am thinking about buying some wisecos.

443736[/snapback]

yamaha pistons are junk, ive seen them fall apart for no reason..

wiseco's.

Has anyone ever run these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANS...593187743QQrdZ1

i will be the guinea pig if i have to. I would also like to run dyno runs back to back against wiseco's or pro-x and these "ported" pistons.

• 1 month later...
Pro-x pistons are the only stock replacement pistons I would consider, if not those then go wiseco's. Rebore's will come a little more frequently using wiseco's.

443766[/snapback]

Why is that?

Factory Yammy pistons are cast, don't buy these!, Wiseco pistons are forged and have a thicker ring for longer life. With a forged piston you will have to run a 3-4 thou. clearance.

The numura pistons move the port window to change where the powerband comes in, I belive they are also forged.

I don't know about those German ebay pistons, look a little sketchy to me?

and I don't think you will see a power differance between pistons unless the windows or domes are altered, Wiseco uses oem dome heights.

I would go with the Wisecos, they have been doing it a long time and are readily available!