Think you can run a single carb on a stroker?

Wallrat

I plan on asking my builder as well but was curious if anybody had any insight into this one. I've got a +4 stroker with a mild dune port - far from extreme porting. Along with that I'm running T5's, v force 2's, and clamp on k&n's. Although I haven't gotten my jetting dialed in perfectly yet I'm only on 155 mains at sea level and about 80 degrees. Do you guys think I've got enough room to run a single carb setup? The PWK's go up to 230 on the mains and 80 on the pilots. Basically I wanna hear from anybody with a similar setup, or a stock stroke with some extensive porting done, since I would guess it'd be around the same. Anybody think this would be a problem? I'm just wondering if it'd be impossible to jet due to the larger differences in air flow between lower and higher rpms. Crud I dunno.

Might talk to Jeepman380 as he has been that route!

too bad your not going thanksgiving, my friend has a trinity custom 5 mil from back when they were good, he runs a I believe 38 pwk with some sorta fuel injection system (injected into the carb not the motor) that is calibrated on a dyno. it increases fuel in the higher RPM range to make it flow similar to a dual carb, then again he runs NOS anyways so he might as well have that setup...

So it can definately be done.

I think he said he drills out his own jets too.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I have a mild port stock stroke, trinity 2-1 with a 38mm. running a 220 main when it was 55-65 degrees here. worked great every where, except sixth gear in the sand, I need to get more fuel to the carb. good luck :bolt:

437456[/snapback]

That seems like alot of fuel on a mild port using a 38mm with a 220. :shrugani: I think I'm running a 195 with my gorr port stock stroke usiing a 35mm? Are you sure you're not bogging out in sixth gear cause of too much fuel?

I have the single carb setup with a 4 mil stroker and porting and it hauls ass. Can't really compare it to dual 35s cause i've never had that setup but it pulls from bottom to top really hard. I ride alot of trails too with no problem and I hardly ever bog. Extremely easy to jet too. I'm running a 210 main with a 56 or 58 pilot with my mods in my sig. I don't notice any bog in the sand in 6th. I've got 15/41 gearing also. I was thinking about switching to a 38 PWK to see how much of an improvement it makes over the 35 PWK.

That seems like alot of fuel on a mild port using a 38mm with a 220. :shrugani:  I think I'm running a 195 with my gorr port stock stroke usiing a 35mm? Are you sure you're not bogging out in sixth gear cause of too much fuel?

437460[/snapback]

I don't think so but maybe, I only had the problem in the sand, trails and open roads no problems. before the port work I was running a 200 main with no problems, and everytime I jetted up I made a little more power on top. I won't be in the sand again until the dunes open back up in the spring.

I have the single carb setup with a 4 mil stroker and porting and it hauls ass.  Can't really compare it to dual 35s cause i've never had that setup but it pulls from bottom to top really hard.  I ride alot of trails too with no problem and I hardly ever bog.  Extremely easy to jet too.  I'm running a 210 main with a 56 or 58 pilot with my mods in my sig.  I don't notice any bog in the sand in 6th.  I've got 15/41 gearing also.  I was thinking about switching to a 38 PWK to see how much of an improvement it makes over the 35 PWK.

437467[/snapback]

ive got a 39mm pwk bored to a 40mm if u wanna go really big :whoa: