some guy swears the banshee motor is a V-twin

so i was going to post this argument a while back but i forgot. a guy sat there and told me that his banshee came from the yamaha factory with a 350 V-twin motor. here is my best recollection of the conversation. this is pretty much the highlights from it, there was more bickering back and forth, but youll get the idea.

me: oh you ride? i have a banshee, what do you ride.

him: oh cool i have a banshee too, well i have 2 but one is a stock 350 V-twin and the other has a Trinity 500 motor in it.

me: oh thats cool. why did you put a v twin in a banshee frame? did you have an old harley layin around or something?

him: naw i didnt put it in there, thats how they come, i thought you said you had one

me: i do, i have 2 banshees but they sure as hell arent V-twins. they are just 350 TWIN motors. thats what yamaha puts in them. 2 cylinders, side by side.

him: no they are V-twins. it says it right on the side of them. '350 V-twin'. ill bet on it.

me: ::thinking:: youre an idiot.

me: well either way we should ride sometime, i just moved here from Florida and i dont know any good places to ride around.

him: haha yea i thought you were from the south. you got funny accents and you talk real slow.

me: yea well you got a funny accent and dont know shit about your banshees.

Edited by loganskinner

yup, he is a dumbass. notice on harleys the V shape of the engine, hence the name V twin, duh. you could call the banshee a in-line 2 cylinder :shrugani:

433986[/snapback]

Thats what I've always called it is an "inline twin" but sometimes I see motorcycle engines referred to as "inclined inline (number of cylinders)" referring to the angle the jugs are leaned as opposed to being straight up and down on the cases.

I think that guy must have been related to the guy that tried to tell me his buggy was powered by an Audi inline 5 cylinder when there was clearly 6 plug wires coming out of his V-6 6 cylinder engine that looked suspiciously like the engine out of a pontiac grand am.

:shootself:

Thats what I've always called it is an "inline twin" but sometimes I see motorcycle engines referred to as "inclined inline (number of cylinders)" referring to the angle the jugs are leaned as opposed to being straight up and down on the cases.

I think that guy must have been related to the guy that tried to tell me his buggy was powered by an Audi inline 5 cylinder when there was clearly 6 plug wires coming out of his V-6 6 cylinder engine that looked suspiciously like the engine out of a pontiac grand am.

:shootself:

434009[/snapback]

I'll bet that 1 plug in the back hadn't been changed in a decade.

no shit pistons clearly fire in the shape of a V on the banshee, if it was not a V twin the cylinders would be next to each other firing straight up and down which would require a wider frame for an inline twin duh! The only banshees that are not V-twins are the ones that are liquid cooled.... goshh.... idoit!

You can identify a non V-twin banshee by the Liquid cooled sticker on them, if it does nto have the sticker then it has to be a V-Twin.

Edited by Justintoxicated

also for all who never knew it, the banshee(and every other 2 stroke ATV or motorcycle i know of) is technically a HEMI, it stands for HEMIspherical head design, with the plug in the center....so why not tell em you got an inclined inline HEMI 2 cylinder 2 stroke...with the red powerband(your stock green one didn't pull as hard when the valves started to float at about 12K RPM)...lol

~Mark~

actually a wrestling helmet would better suit him, because they're made of a hard foam and protect your ears in case guys like us punch him in the head for being stupid...oh yeah and stick an upside-down yamaha elblem on the front forehead, i say if he's on his V-twin banshee you get an extra 10-15 extra HP, althought i have yet to test this on a dyno..

~Mark~