no fire

I've got a fresh top end cause it was not running proper and with original top end and low uneven compression I figuered it would not help. I now have good even compression and right cylinder still has very little exhaust and exhaust is cold. Bike is running off left cylinder and runs awesome if you can make it to top end, but bottem end sucks. What would be the cause electrical if swapping plug wires has no effect and problem remains on right cylinder. Right plug is wet and getting fuel and reeds swapped between cylinders makes no difference.

Checked plug and don't have gear oil smell, swapping plug wires has no effect. Since both fire at the same time is it possible to get fire when left piston is at top dead center and not when the right piston is at the top. Like if it only triggers to fire at one position of the flywheel and not 180 degrees around.

IM STILL LEANING TOWARDS CRANKSEALS AND MAYBE EVEN A BAD CRANK ONCE YOU GET IT APART...THIS IS WHAT MINE DID...ONE PIPE STAYED COLD....REVVED LIKE A BLASTER... NOBODY WANTS THAT...IT EVEN CHANGED SIDES ON ME AND THE OTHER WAS HOT AND THE HOT ONE QUIT FIRING...NO MATTER WHAT I DID SHE WOULDNT RUN RIGHT...IT EVEN RAN ON EACH CYLINDER ONE AT A TIME WHEN ONE PLUG WIRE WAS OFF THE OTHER SIDE......HAD ANOTHER 01 BANSHEE TO TROUBLESHOOT WITH SO I CHANGED COIL-CARBS-REEDS-CDI BOX-STATOR-REMOVED THE TORS-REMOVED PARKING BRAKE-RAN IT WITH NO SILENCERS-PULLED THE JUG TO INSPECT THE COLD SIDES PISTON-SO WHAT WAS LEFT--RIGHT,,,,GET THE GUN OUT AND KILL IT....SO I WAS CHANGING THE CRANKSEALS AND FOUND I HAD A SLOPPY CRANK TO ADD TO MY MISERY....PUT IN A USED CRANK AND NEW SEALS AND SHES A SHEE AGAIN....RIPPIN LIKE IT WAS NEVER BROKE....IF IT KINDA SOUNDS LIKE THAT TRUE LITTLE STORY I JUST BORED EVERYONE WITH TEAR IT DOWN,,,PUT NEW SEALS IN IT AND GET AN OPINION ON THE CRANK WHILE ITS OUT....DONT FORGET TO GET SOME YAMABOND FOR THE CASE HALVES

yeah you'd be loosing oil...

so you swap plug wires and it stays on the same side... thats not right... if its electrical it would follow the electrical current.. :wacko:

sounds to me like your rings didnt seet... possible air leak... have you pulled the plug and just tried crankin it over to see if you get spark... i had good compression in my cylinders but when it ran i had a leak someplace and it ran for shit!

Edited by NEVER SATISFIED

Parking brake is gone and tors. It was doing this before the rebuild and I rebuilt because the compression was uneven from one cylinder to the next. Now I have good compression and the same problem before rebuild. When it is kicked over it has fire but unsure if it is enough. I'm going to take resistance readings on stator and follow the manual for any other specs.

• 11 months later...

check that current... goood troubleshoot!!!!... you might be correct and not be gettin enough current .. although it would switch sides if its electrical... :shrugani:

im having same problem my plug has fire also but right cylinder not firing,i started it one day and it screamed let it set for a while went back to start it and it started missing on the rightside weve checked everything we could still nothing tore it down and the rings and piston is perfect,well the only thing i can think of is the stator we changed the flywheel and the crank seals after that this problem started the day we done it,it was very hard to start but when it started it missed on the rightside for just a minute then both cylinders were firing normal but each day it kept getting worse,ive read every post on this site and planet sand and the same oh stuff check your plugs,swap carbs,swap reeds,check caps,check stator,air leak,crank seals ive tried it all so know im gonna put new rings and pistons and try that hope to god it works but i doubt it hope you find out for both are sake thanks if i can help just email me at moviesnmore@hotmail.com or pm me on here or planetsand my screen name is the same