Snowmobiles?

sampleba

You guys all suck! :( I miss riding snowmobiles. It's so smooth. The closest I can get these days is riding a waverunner on "glass" water. A waverunner turns/banks like a sled in deep snow too.

I wish I lived someplace that could spell S-N-O-W! I will again someday. I grew up in the Northeast riding sleds as a kid. Now my family says they don't even get enough snow to ride sleds more than once or twice a year.

i have 2, a 2002 arctic cat z570, and a 1997 arctic cat zl440, the 440 is mine, havent ridden it yet, rode the 570 last year... this is technically my first year with a sled, but im kinda bummed that i got a 440 instead of something bigger, but i guess its better than nothing, and it will be a good learning sled... its just that i went out last season and i was riding the 570, and i wanted to go faster, but oh well, i'll have fun this year, and i'll be looking into something like ab f-7 in a few years, or maybe a 440 Sno-Pro, i hear those can do 100mph... the ones i have are only 75-80mph sleds...

i just ran my last drag of the year today on my shee.they hold 3 races a year.it was at a 500ft grass drag and they also drag race snowmobiles at this place.it was pretty awsome seeing some of them sleds run on the bare ground.a couple of them were real fast.there was a yamaha sled that ran a 5.2sec run and a skidoo that ran 5.3 sec pass.my best on my shee was 6.7 that put me in second place.mans its hard to get traction in the grass.lol.its the second time i ran there.deffinately had fun and am goin back next year.if anyone here in pa . is close enough and would like to try it sometime here is the link to they're web site:chickeree ridgerunners

I don't live in Pennsylvania any more, but now I know what they are doing with the sleds when there isn't enough snow. I'd hate to be the one who has to clean the mud out of the track mechanism after a race.

I did some quick math and that seems like an average speed of over 60 mph across 500 feet. That means the trap speed could be as quick as 125 mph! If that is from a stop that is pretty damn quick!

Not having gears defination provides an advantage on something like that. I would think the drag of the skis would slow them down, compared to snow, but then again I forgot two things:

1. In snow the belt slips more.

2. At these races the skis probably aren't touching the ground!

:o

oh yeh they are quick and they run a portatree lighting system.some of them run n.o.s. they start from a dead stop and when the light drops to green they hit the throttle and carry the front end a third of the way down the track.a couple of them ran 95-97 mph.they said when theres snow on the ground they run a good bit faster et's.something like 4.5 to 4.9 seconds.the one that ran the fastest time was a yamaha and the guy said it was a 700 reworked and was putting out 220 hp and the whole sled only weighed 400 lbs.i wish i would have gotten some pics of them.